Thursday 6 January 2011

HWAITING! 화이팅! FIGHTO! ファイト!

-- Welcome back Infinite --



Before the Dawn


How happy I am to see you fighting, hwaiting (try(-ing) your best chant in Korean). It is always an excellent start to the day for me when I get to see some live action fights in K-pop. Don't ask why, just take my admission and run with it. Or if it's necessary to say a word or two on the subject, let's just say that Japanese dramas and films are what got me hooked on it. Full of young violent boys they are. Take Gokusen, Blue Spring, Crows Zero, Go... So I guess it's not just me that appreciates it.


Watching the video reminded me of this so much that I feel I need to make a written note of some of my most favoured fighting MV's. So let's make this a Top 5, in no particular order:

Infinite - Before the Dawn.


Such great acting, boys!


ZE:A - All day


This is what your Sports Science training is for, Dongjun.


Big Bang - Haru Haru


I never want to make TOP this mad.


Shinhwa -Yo!


This ending genuinely breaks my heart. Oh, MinSwoon!!


2AM - I did wrong


Poor JinSwoon and his topknot.



Please feel free to tell me yours... I would genuinely love to extend this to a legitimate Top 10.


L understands.

5 comments:

Alice said...

The only one that springs to mind is a good punch being thrown in 'Y'.

Haru Haru is probably my favourite though, despite the fact TOP gets a smack in the face. He was probably asking for it.

Jessica Jane said...

I was toying with 'Y' too. Do you think there is enough fighting?

...If we can get four more together, then I'll make GIF's and it can go in the Top Ten!

'He was probably asking for it'. LOL.

Bunny said...

Did you make all these GIFs yourself??? did you? did you? If so I am the proudest unnie ever, A+ 100%!

GIFs aside, you know i love this post. even without pictures, the words "young violent boys" is enough for me.

oh I love your brain for this top 5.
I cannot get over Shinhwa, hardcore.

I can't think of any more MVs right now, but in one of the highlights of the 2009 SBS gayo daejun (100% superior to this years budget edition) Never Forget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN-TIiY_5Ms

Jessica Jane said...

I did indeed make them all by myself!! You really are the best GIF making teacher ever!
I am most proud of the Minwoo one maybe, editing and everything.

Glad you think the Shinhwa is hardcore too. Honestly, that'd never get on any of the music shows. It really make me want to cry. It's just so unjust!! Also the guy that finishes him off looks a bit like T.O.P circa 2001 or something, back in the day. Lol.

Ah yes, I had almost forgotten that wonderful wonderful portion of the SBS show. How the hell did they get it so wrong this year?!

India News said...

The only one that springs to mind is a good punch being thrown in 'Y'.

Haru Haru is probably my favourite though, despite the fact TOP gets a smack in the face. He was probably asking for it.