Sunday 16 January 2011

SHINing romance - standard JongKey, rare sighting of OnHyun...

Reader warning - this post starts off informative but somewhere along the way it dilutes itself into a shameless fantasy vision of fanfiction-esque interband love support. If that's not your thing then sit this one out, but if it is then I want you to know that I am an avid JongKey shipper but i'll basically ship Key with anyone, it just makes sense.

Following on from a recent comment discussion stemming from this post, I have noted the request for more coverage of a specific Hello Baby episode and taken it upon myself to enlighten the unenlightened and re-delight the previously delighted.


Just to get any stray readers up to speed, "SHINee Hello Baby!" was a TV show aired on KBS from Jan - Apr 2010 where the 5 members of SHINee (aged 17 - 21) had to raise a 4 year old toddler together. Hilarity, stupidity and heart warming moments galore, topped off with a healthy side helping of special SHINee bonding. All kind of troublesome parenting issues were tackled, from persuading Yoogeun (that's the kid) to have his hair cut, to family vacations, education, shopping trips, meal preparation and of course numerous rounds of competitive charm appeals, games and challenges in an attempt to be chosen by their 'son' as the best appa (father) that episode (although the results each week largely depended on the random luck of Yoogeunnie running in their direction).   The family dynamic  unfolded pretty much from episode one. Key's the doting mom, Minho's the loving dad, Taemin is the curious (but stupid) older child, Onew is the awkward uncle and Jonghyun, ahh Jonghyun, first as awkward as Onew but soon the competitive streak and longing for skinship kicked in and I suppose the best way to describe his place would be... slightly creepy stepdad (married to Key of course).

Anyway, skip forward through all of this and the last episode (I think) is also Jonghyun's birthday.  They send Jonghyun out on and errand to get some photos printed and some stationary supplies for their time capsule project but "baby dino" (my affectionate nickname for the guy ... obvious reasons) just treats himself to some snacks and buys a load of candy. Unbeknown to him the others are preparing a surprise party which he returns to with lollipop in mouth.  SHINee leader Onew is absent the first half of the episode (rehearsing the musical he was in at the time) but arrives at the party with gifts in tow, in the car on his way:


True to his word, Onew arrive's with flowers and a gift:


If he thought the flowers were a bit much then he was surely more surprised and delight with the gift box full of underwear ?!


Unsatisfied with Onew's display of gift giving, there is still something more Jonghyun is angling for, from his nearest and dearest of course...


Oh, I kind of skipped over the bit earlier in the programme where Baby Dino just went all out and proposed to Key:


(FYI. he's talking about Yoogeun being his child, unless he's got another one somewhere?!)

So in regard to the original comment thread where I said there was a GIF worthy moment of Jonghyun X Key affection, i've basically covered it (and a little more) in screencaps,  but ahh the moving image brings a greater joy of course,  so please revel in this glorious JongKey fan video set my not so secret no so guilty pleasure, Justin Bieber - Baby.   (I promise it's just that one song! although, truthfully that's the only song I have and i'm too scared of the truth to download any more).

Pay special attention from about 1minute in, for the clips from above ^^



Finally,
For any JongKey shippers devastated by the recent news that Baby Dino is dating some actress chick, I know it was hard for us all to imagine the split and watch the heartbroken Almighty Key spit out a cover of Rhianna's "take a bow",  but think about it logically,  in what situation would SM suddenly come out and admit that one of their idols is happily dating at 20 years old? I sense a "Hollywood Beard" situation.  Besides, I don't think for a minute that a girlfriend could deter Key. Whether attached to Jonghyun or not, whether the guy is gay, straight, bi, asexual or beautiful nonsexual alien species beamed down from a distant planet, I don't mind, always my favourite shining SHINee boy.
That boy is so damn FABULOUS !!!

almighty key
 - BUNNY

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU BUNNY!

This post made my whole weekend better. Need to practice being as fierce as Key.

Also the "I've got a child already" line will forever be one of my favourites from that series....which I'm going to watch all of again RIGHT NOW.

Jessica Jane said...

First means first, please tell me that the fan art is yours Bunny!! It's FAB. This can be our next IT lesson - how to make Key *sparkle*

And thank you so much for bringing back some of the happiest memories. I think the first time I watched this was in Japan with me screaming/squealing/gurgling down the phone to Kayleigh. Oh, how happy it still makes me!! you know I made all those noises again when I clicked play.

And yes, Yes, YES to the new baby dino tag. Excellent introduction!!
Yatta!

Bunny said...

Siobhain - you're welcome! i'm so glad me and Key could have such a positive effect on your weekend.
Enjoy Hello Baby rewatch, packed with viewing GEMS! x

JJH - Of course I made the fan art!! and of course i'll show you how.
glad you enjoyed it, I miss the sound of your gurgling next to me :(

and had to add "baby dino" so we can differentiate "beautiful lady" (CN BLUE) and "smoking hot leader" (FT Island). YATTA indeed!

Jessica Jane said...

Of course, SO MANY lovely boys of the same name!!

Benjamin Crabb said...

SWOON...at all of the above.

InfiniteKM said...

Oh Bunny, you even posted this on my birthday! What more could a girl ask for than beautiful Korean boys professing their undying love and devotion through gifts of flowers and underwear, as well as asking each other to marry, well... each other.

I still haven't had a chance to watch through Hello Baby!, I get bogged down with a lot of KDramas, and keeping up with all the MVs, but I have it, so I see I am going to have to watch it. My best friend tries to guilt me into not watching things without her... this is why things don't get done.

The family dynamic seems to make sense. I love that Onew is (of course) the awkward uncle and Jonghyun as the slightly creepy stepdad gave me a good giggle.

I would insert a slightly (ok, majorly) inappropriate underwear comment, but it's about Taemin, and I just can't...

Excellent video! Good to see the HB bits in action. I paused a second at :47, just to really enjoy it. Unfortunately the video is at about the same place on the page where 'Lee Taemin Appreciation Corner' begins and sometimes when reading your page my eyes wander and don't want to leave. Seriously... I'm talking 5 minute stretches.

I do have to agree with closing comments that I don't think anything could stop Key once he had his mind on someone.

Fanfic/ships always make me think of the scene in You're Beautiful where Jeremy is reading the fanfic and all excited. Oh Jeremy!

And in underwear-related news, I just read an article somewhere regarding ZE:A, wherein they asked some question about who likes to share clothes the most. Of course that would be the queen, KwangHee... apparently he likes to borrow everyone elses' underwear. BUT he doesn't just stop at any underwear, he goes for brand name. And apparently this means that Siwan has to buy new underwear all the time. Can I type 'underwear' any more in this paragraph?

Bunny said...

A belated happy birthday to you Loverholic,

you are welcome, really it was my pleasure!! SHINee Hello Baby really is packed with fun. Of course kdramas and mvs take up a lot of time, but I always find the idol reality shows the most addictive?! and although they are usually full of awkward moments, scripted nonsense and ridiculous ways to fill up an episode, this usually is the recipe for kpop idols at their absolute best and/or worst. Such joy can be had from a simple "charm appeal" and no variety series should be complete without some cross dressing, a lot of skinship and if you're lucky... kissing games...

I LOVE THAT SCENE WITH JEREMY READING THE FANFIC!!!! literally my favourite scene of any episode of any tv show, probably ever. OH JEREMY!!!!

And WOW that underwear story, is just... why did it have to be Kwanghee!! It pains me (and I know Jessica feels the same) that he monopolizes Siwan so much, I hate to ruin a fanfic/ship but really I don't want to ship Kwanghee with anyone. (also really want to ship Siwan with someone else... *ahem* oh dear, i can't believe i've stooped so low in my commenting)

please type paragraphs with multiple use of the word "underwear", this is Nuna's Know Best, we welcome your kind here.

Bunny