Thursday 1 September 2011

U-KISS YO! Neverla-a-a-a-a-a-and

This isn't the Super Junior post that I promised (that had a few setbacks) but I had to rush this one through, priority delivery from U-KISS.

Oh U-KISS, as much as I did enjoy the "bran new kiss" and 0330 I am just so happy that you went back to what you're best at, and that is... ridiculous electro, auto tune, jarring soundbites, insane over production, lots of random english, terrible rapping (although it is getting better... maybe), repetitive dance choreography and dance moves that look like no one is quite sure how to do it right and lots and lots of guyliner.


Its a beautiful thing!!!!!


AND KISEOP ACTUALLY HAD LINES TO SING!!!

and we can tick off our checklist of k-pop video essentials with ease:

futuristic? - YES
post apocalyptic? - YES
silver/grey and all black/all white outfits? YES
some kind of smoke / steam / falling snow effect? YES
dramatic colour tint lighting & light shining from behind? - YES
costumes with sparkling, fringe or embellishments?  YES
2 tone hair on at least one member? YES
abandoned warehouse set fitted out in gleaming neon lights? YES
water floor dance? YES
at least one homoerotic moment? - YES

I am so pleased with you boys ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Lately kpop has been so busy trying to do something different but you have steered clear of the non summery summer songs and the western cloned club bangers and just went for that pure K-POP song structure insanity, like only U-KISS can.

I'm looking back so fondly on Manmanhani and Bingeul Bingeul right now... oh the good times I had.
They have done me proud. Considering they're still often the punchline of jokes (including my own) when you take a step back, its really a pretty impressive back catalog (don't forget Shut Up) seriously, every one was a winner to me, 0330 took some getting used to but it was fine for a change, they really havent disappointed once (aside from the whole member swapping thing... ) and this is perfect.

Lets celebrate with the ultimate U-KISS album intro... sing-a-long with me... Euuuurrrryyybody!!!


or try this close second for the return of the gun shots and overuse of the Brave Sound "ayyyy!" button.

Additional note!
I may have made a statement earlier today in an email to JJH that I was "over" Eli. Several repeat viewings have confirmed that of course that is not the case, but really he does need a fringe at all times. And I am thankful but amazed that Dongho's perfect hair remains undamaged for yet another promotion. (O_O)b

but do they have to always give him the lines like "and we'll stay forever young" *gulp*

 

UPDATE EDIT!
Eli has torn his knee ligament and won't be able to perform the comeback :(
This is some pretty bad luck considering he broke his hand at the start of the Shut Up promotions, and much as I really do appreciate an injured boy... (and I may or may not have a very creepy video stored somewhere of Eli with a sling... but lets move on)... I would have certainly preferred to see them all do this dance and not have to go with that awkward thing where you make someone sit in a chair at the side of the dancing looking like a total dweeb (sorry Minho, sorry Donghae..). They have apparently changed the choreography to avoid further injury to the other members : /

FURTHER UPDATE!
so, I am still loving "Neverland" but now i've listened to the album... TOO MANY BALLADS.  There are glimmers of the afore mentioned U-KISS which I adored, but ultimately... too many tracks I want to skip.  That's about as in depth as my analysis is going for today, i'm not in the mood to try and listen with an ear for constructive criticism, instead I just want to risk a knee injury and flail my arms around to Neverla-a-a-a-a-a-and a-a-a-a-and. I guess a part of me truly does miss that BRAVE SOUND "uh ohhhh, uh ohhhh".

PS. Hoping for a photo with crutches, although knowing Eli it will most likely be ruinied by some atrocious denim ware and an unwanted sleeveless shirt.  Is it too much to ask for a suit and crutches?

- BUNNY

No comments: