Thursday 16 December 2010

BEST FACE is my oracle

Having spent the most wonderful few days with my Bunny bestest unnie, we discovered a whole world of fulfilled desires. His name is Park Taejun/Taejoon (박태준), and if you are anything like either of us you really will hail him as some type of oracle.

Meet the nunas' favourite ulzzang (얼짱 = "best face", a name in S. Korea given to those with the prettiest of faces who are consequently made famous for it)

Born on 3rd September 1985, and that is not a type-o, he is 26 years old.
He weighs 60kg, is 177cm tall and is blood type AB (perfect match with Bunny).
He made his "debut" as a public beauty in 2009 with the 2nd season of Ulzzang Generation.

So, at age 26, yes, he has been to the army.
And apparently he has two cats, Hyori and Angee.

He has his own shopping mall called Aboki. He is one of the main models, though he does garner modelling support from his finest array of friends at times.
Very helpfully indeed, each garment has around twenty high resolution images for you view. And the name/height/weight of your model is stated, just for good measure.

He has appeared on two seasons of Ulzzang Generation. Here he plays games of all sorts and mainly has all the fun ever. And you pretty much always find him flagged either side by his two best friends Chihoon and Jiho.


Chihoon (lighter short hair) is on the left and Jiho (longer dark hair) to the right.

It is also Taejun who created the Flower Boy Share Company, and thus the entire TV show that goes with it. You can see the first part here. In this show Taejun, Chihoon and Jiho form a company and a band under it, consisting of themselves. This is the 'story line', though really how important this is I am unsure of. They did release a single, but it is not something I can honestly boast about. Jiho does attempt some guitar playing though. However, in all truth, this programme is more about three very special ulzzangs, and how close and touching their relationship really is. Taejun is the hyung at 26 years, Chihoon is 22 and Jiho is the magnae at 21. Following suit then, Taejun is always in control of any situation.





And this is why we love and worship him. I think Bunny would agree that we have a lot to learn from him. He coerces these boys non-stop, but always for their own good. Such a responsible hyung.

There is a surprise in every episode we have seen so far, and it has not disappointed yet. Be it a communal wash (episode 1 shower, episode 3 bath), drying each others' hair, awakening three to a bed - a mess of tangled limbs, or an English charm appeal to "Dave", it is guaranteed to make you smile. And we all have Taejun to thank for this.


The only thing I do wish is that Kiseop were still a full time ulzzang, though I know U-KISS is important to him. Back in the day they were all on Ulzzang Generation, hanging out together. Seeing a time when all these beauties were united warms my festive heart. Cue the Christmas Handbells


From left to right: Kiseop, Jiho, Chihoon, Taejun.






I think this may be the one time Kiseop actually is allowed to ring the bells.

You can watch the complete handbell performance at the start here.


Please give Taejun a lot of love.

Here is his Tumblr and some bonus footage of some sweet ulzzang magnae revenge (Jiho in orange shorts).

7 comments:

Bunny said...

I wish for the oracle to hire me as his apprentice so that I can learn to harness my skills from the best there is. I hope he could see that I am adequately qualified for the job, in enthusiasm at least.

If necessary I am willing to compete against "Dave" in a round of love confessions, and I think I could win.

I don't need payment, just to be allowed to sleep at the foot of the bed, and the opportunity to blow dry Chihoon's hair once in a while.

---------------------------------

HANDBELLLLLLLS!

GIF MAKING NATURAL!

I LOVE YOU JJH.

---------------------------------

God bless the oracle. and all those who worship him.

ps. oh! compatible blood type?! are you suggesting I would like to date him? we all know that dating a teacher would be wrong.....

Zoë said...

thank you for this evening, i haven't laughed so hard in a while and its all thanks to kpop!

Jessica Jane said...

Oh Bunny, to be hired by the oracle. I would be able to complete every goal in my life. All of them. Every day.
I think either one of us could definitely give 'Dave' a good run for his money. You call that a charm appeal love conpession?! And how about dressing up for the occasion. Geeze.

I join you on the payment methods. And to be generally treated by Taejun as he treats the other boys would be just fine.


So glad you like the handbells. Sorry for screaming down the phone at the airport.It was just their blessed cherub faces in slightly slow motion. It kills me.
Thank you too for the GIF lesson. Best teacher ever!!
Saranghaaaaaaaaaaaaae.


As for dating a teacher, yes, *of course* it's wrong. But really, I don' know if either of us *girls* could ever date him. But i bet it will help employability (at least you're not a hot blooded B).









HI ZOE!
Thank you so much! I had a whale of a time. I'm sorry for getting a bit over excited. If you ever need more laughs, there is so much more where that came from. Next time, I'd like period drama version of the evening, please.
x

InfiniteKM said...

My best friend and I were tossing around the idea of spoofing the handbell performance, but I'm just not sure we could bring such intensity to the table.

Blow-drying hair is a *totally* acceptable form of payment. :) *giggles*

*ahem*

Jessica Jane said...

I am so so happy to hear that you appreciated the hair drying payment. I like to think that this is a daily occurence, and payment for what we wouldn't dare to ask.
Watched some of episode 7 just after this (I think). It involves wax strips, face masks, dressing gowns... If you haven't already, please treat yourself to a viewing. And even if you don't speak Korean (like Bunny and I) trust me, it doesn't matter.

JJ
x

yuvi said...

can you give information about tae jun life????like where he born?where he did schooling???

Jessica Jane said...

Hi Yuvi,
I wish I could tell you more about the oracle but I don't know much else.
Apparently he majored in cartoon animation, or so his facebook says, but I don't know where he went to school.
I think he was born in Seoul, but I'm not certain. If I find out more I will certainly let you know.

J
x