Tuesday 15 February 2011

Hey, KIM JAE!

HI!

Please meet Kim Jae Wook (김재욱), actor, model, singer and guitarist extraordinaire.
D.o.B: April 2, 1983. I can proudly say that he is my oppa!
He was born in Seoul but moved to Japan when he was young, and lived there until he was 7 or 8. As the story goes, he began his road to fame in a high school band, but took to modeling at the age of 17, the profession which made his career take off. Not surprising when he's 183cm.


This is a recent one of him modeling glasses, out of a whole bunch of pictures of him modeling all kinds of lovely lovely spectacles on his wonderful wonderful face.

Oh yeah, and he's friends with Lee Soo Hyuk, Y I K E S. Double date, Bunny?

He also likes children, and is supportive of homosexuality, or at least it would seem so if you've ever watched Antique Bakery... A filmic adaptation of the Japanese manga written by Fumi Yoshinaga, really no words can describe this immense viewing pleasure.

It is honestly one of THE BEST films ever, with Kim Jae playing a French trained Western style patisserie chef.

Oh yes, and his most important character trait:


So, not surprisingly...



Please watch it diligently.




As for other acting accolades, he has made an iPhone movie and a Japanese internet movie, Heart of Gold. Plus he's been in lots of dramas, the most recent being Mary Stayed Out All Night, where he co-stars with Jang Geun Suk.


And now, on to the music. I present to you, Walrus:


Well, Kim Jae in Walrus.


And again.

And once more.

The rest of the band are kind of great too though!


So this is the first MV, for the song To Be, which basically is all of these images come to life:


You can never have too much rock and roll smashing of the guitar, and I just love the stylistic cigarette smoking at the neck of the guitar, so indie.

This single actually came out a while ago now and just for reference, before this even happened, the first music I heard of theirs was a Beatles cover. Bless. I can't get enough of him and his tambourine, and then the Japanese too, flawless.
But really, what compelled me to write this was the release of the second MV from the newest song Seoul Witch. Here are some of my favourite bits:



To be honest, it is certainly not the most exciting video that I have ever seen, and I realised this upon making the GIF, but it doesn't need to be, it really doesn't. Why? Because if it were, I probably wouldn't even be breathing, not with Kim Jae in there. Just him walking and talking is enough. And lounging around playing guitar, and swimming and getting mad. I do feel a little sorry for the rest of the band - surely they could have given blondie a supporting actor part or something?

In all honestly, I don't love the music as much as my beloved autotune club bangers (I lost all of my musical morals a long while ago), but it's certainly not bad. To hear the whole self titled album for yourself, go here. And this is his official website (of which Walrus seems to be a subset).

Really I just needed the tiniest push to actually get back to blogging, and to talk about him. And if by now you are into Kim Jae even half as much as me, or think you will be, then this is an amazing fuck yeah tumblr, which will literally bring you an endlessly joyful stream of GIFs, videos and photographs, all of him!


♥♥♥PLEASE LOVE KIM JAE A LOT♥♥♥

p.s. According to AsianMediaWiki: outside of music & acting, Kim Jae-Wook's hobbies include reading, baseball and soccer. He also enjoys cleaning in his spare time. It usually takes Kim Jae-Wook about 4-5 hours to finish cleaning. Afterwards, when he looks over his clean home he feels a sense of pride. While cleaning, Kim Jae-Wook finds he can contemplate on matters running through his mind. Stylistically, Kim Jae-Wook prefers an easy style and he keeps a personal rule that he never washes his jeans. That's fine with me.

5 comments:

Bunny said...

OH GOOD GOD.

From the first picture i'm stuck, stuck for words, stuck for saliva in my mouth as its drooled onto my hands and keyboard (gross, sorry..) and literally stuck unable to scroll down. I keep tricking myself that its a GIF of him winking, he's not even winking, its not even a GIF, im hallucinating. oh heavens help me.

I feel so loyal to him for deciding against changing my desktop background yesterday, its still the glasses photoshoot highlights, tiled. perfection.

DOUBLE DATE DENIED. I might like Soo Hyuk but he is not on a KJW level, it has to be No Min Woo, that is the only fair match. I'm sorry but I will bang on the glass chapel wall Graduate style if you ever attempt to take this man away from me and have not set me up with some equally musically talented heavenly being. those are the rules.

I love our criteria for the ideal man: must like children, must be of questionable sexuality...

"french trained" boy oh boy did that french dude do some training. God I want there to be a directors cut with a PROPER ending. also I want hot moustache out of the army and with a fringe, ASAP.

GIF GIF GIF HYPNOTISED. i love you.

cleaning = best hobby ever.

*sigh* Pheromones.

Jessica Jane said...

I'm so happy that he/this makes you as happy as it makes me happy.
It was that first picture, it killed me, and then I knew I had to blog this right there and then.
I think you should just ride-out the hallucinations and enjoy them - consider them the most convincing of daydreams.

Well done for staying with the Kim Jae background - I salute you.

Double date denied! The cheek! But I guess I understand. I got stuck scrolling up and down the fuckyeanominwoo tumblr earlier, literally drinking in his beauty. He just doesn't fail to stun me, EVER. What a killer pair!!!

Our rules are only fair. What more can I say.

Ummmm, is there actually a director's cut about?! There must be. Please.
Or an 'Antique 2 - The icing on the cake'?

Bunny said...

oh directors cut, I wish! I wish!

lets keep it going, 'Antique 3 - With a Cherry on Top'

xx

(this post worked it's magic again this evening, you have a GIFT to heal me Jessica Jane)

Unknown said...

WOW This post is new! I miss him so much i was just random hopping and found him. SO CUTE WITH KIDS AND THAT GIF in this post is just... SMEXY FANTASTIC!

thanks for like the compilation, IDK he was a musician. i just love him the way he is w/o researching. kkkk~

hello from a fellow k-lover n jaewookieeee wife.

Jessica Jane said...

I'm always so happy to meet another Kim Jae fan!!! (*^_^*)

He's the BEST!

Today my Kim Jae tissue holder fell out of my bag when I was catching the train!!! A kind woman picked it, ran after me, and returned it to me. I almost felt embarrassed, but I wasn't - how could I be embarrassed about him <3