Sunday 12 June 2011

Summer Time Special lacking stripes..

Last week was a Music Core special broadcast from the Caribbean Bay Water Park, you know Caribean Bay the default go-to on location waterpark for every idol reality show and apparently music show, or maybe you just know it from "Cabi Cabi! the hottest hottest! Cabi Cabi! in crazy crazy!" that horrific commericial for the place which is guaranteed to raise the temperature with it's summery feel whilst it simultaneously raises your seething jealously as you watch lifeguard 2PM paired up with bikini clad Girls Generation...

Anyway, music special from the water park? its only June but yes! why not! and look at this, a lovely bit of nautical set design! I sure hope i'm in for a fine array of sailor outfits and some short shorts...


Well get ready to be disappointed, its not that kind of special, it was just regular Music Core at a fun location with a bit of a theme to the stage. Also my pet peeve the use of pyrotechnics in a daytime concert,  ugh, why do people continue to do this, we don't see and sparks and flares we just see clouds of billowing smoke, we don't need bursts of flame blowing waywardly in the outdoor winds when broad daylight is showing us all too clearly how close out precious boys are from roasting their perfect fringes. I actually began to worry that Beast had somehow set themselves ablaze (pressumably from someone accidentally lighting a match a few inches too close to their collective smouldering hotness - Yoseob aside) in their performance of Fiction, it really did seem at one point like I was looking at Dongwoon through the hazy vision of an inferno whilst his make up melted off his face and he screamed out for Noona to help him... but fear not everyone, it looks like spontaneous combustion, but I promise you they are all fine.

Gikwang and HyunSeung... literally smokin'.

Staging complaints aside, the nautical outfits were seriously lacking, "pale blue" was the choice of a few, or just all white like FT Island who looked like a group of emo angsty angels whilst the flames (of hell?) burst around them.  There one was man representing some sailor stripes beautifully, sadly he wasn't performing, but he was one the MCs, all hail SHINee's Onew and this perfect moment of him dancing along mid song (I think its Norazo's new song... lols) as only The Onew Condition can :

I LOVE HIM.

Well that feels more summery, more like we're at the beach right? having a party on the beach!! wooo!
OK so i'm over it, there were no jaunty sailor hats, nowhere near enough stripes and stupid flames blazing but Music Core did something right, I present you with ...

"ROOKIE BOYBAND PINK/PEACH & WHITE THEMED WATERPARK BACKGROUND ADORABLE SUMMERTIME CUTEFEST BATTLE"



Watch them one after the other and then watch them again and again alternately and then when you're really ready for it, watch them both playing AT THE SAME TIME. I'm serious. DO IT. and then keeping doing that forever. AND EVER. You will never need to watch anything else, only those two wondeful performances from B1A4 and Boyfriend. Trust me, i've been surviving on nothing but these clips for 7 days now and I feel GREAT.
I also feel strangely attracted to boys under 20 wearing dungarees or tracksuit jackets or white Doc Martins... but thats only natural.

Fingers crossed for a proper nautical special before the summers over... I want sailors! I want shorts! I want socks! I want hats! I want special summer stages! I want it all!!

although truthfully, it's not really like anybody is ever going to win over this MASTERPIECE:


NEVER FORGET !!!

 - BUNNY

4 comments:

Jessica Jane said...

Something about your publicly declaring that you 'feel strangely attracted to boys under 20 wearing dungarees or tracksuit jackets or white Doc Martins' and pushing a diet of looping "ROOKIE BOYBAND PINK/PEACH & WHITE THEMED WATERPARK BACKGROUND ADORABLE SUMMERTIME CUTEFEST BATTLE" makes me so proud to share this blog with you.
We could sustain ourselves on this for MONTHS. Maybe we can have a test run when I come to stay in a couple of weeks?

Whilst I type, the aegyo battle and dizzying performances continue to wage. I don't know if there can ever be a winner. They are all winners. Pink and apricot visions! Wait, when I close my eyes I can still see them!!!


On the only sad note, why have there not been more stripes already this summer?!I feel SHORT CHANGED. I want more Maritime Marvellers, MORE. I'm going to sulk and loop this [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlVFZM1XjYk&feature=player_embedded ] until I get more!!!!

Jessica Jane said...

p.s. Their arms are SO greased (see about 1:00)!

Bunny said...

Who do I need to speak to about getting the job greasing up the arms?
I think i'm qualified.

I feel a little bad I havent had time to study X-5 more and monitor the 2 of 3Chongsa trying to be dark and sexy. Why couldn't they just stick to onomatopoeia trot pop??

srsly though, about this job, I can also do chest greasing if 2PM need a new assistant? but i'm more than happy just starting off with arms. should I put an ad on gumtree?

Jessica Jane said...

Dare I say that they save money and time and do it for each other? Started off a pre-debut habit and they held onto it? In 2PM too.

If this is the case, can we teach this skill at Nuna rehab© please?

Ditto about the X-5 remark. I really feel like i've neglected them. But i'll be ready for the comeback I awear. Ready and waiting.