Friday 9 July 2010

Giving me all I need

Teen Top, I couldn't be happier for the moment, not really. You have given me hot debut photos, intense teasers and CLUB BANGERS, most importantly. Now all I'm waiting for is the full on MV to rock my world, and you'll have me in the palm of your hand. This has been a great couple of days then.

First, this happened:
Oh L.Joe, how did I know so early on that it would be you! I'm not sure if you can see well here but the freckle on his lower eyelid. Yikes. These are the things I live for. And a selca with Hyuna of all girls. If it can't be 2NE1 then she is always the runner up for me, alongside BOA. Excellent work L.Joe.

And then of course the teasers followed.


Some piano to start out with, in the tradition of so many a wonderful teaser, not least of all 2PM's recent Without you. We have a hint at the music then, which is already sounding good to me. And silhouettes become the real boys, all in white, angels. A toy plane? I love a toy plane, and why not. Here's hoping that this is a direct reference to a model building hobby. And then there is the dancing sneak peak; the shrug is so 2PM Heartbeat to me. And oh god, here it goes, (I know you're not bothered Bunny but..) L.Joe on violin. Is there anything that this boy cannot do?! I couldn't believe my luck. Still can't. Freckles, toy planes and violins. God I hope he gets the knit wear out come winter. The dance moves by C.A.P even seem to incorporate some violin simulation in.
Basically, bar a couple of hair qualms and a few accessory trifles, this is the prefect teaser for me. Job well done boys.

So, something that I left out of the teaser comment, only because it pops up even clearer in the debut photos, L.Joe in baseball jacket:
Yes, yes, yes. One of my all time FAVOURITE pieces of clothing. And in such a lovely blue and white with red highlight. And bowl cut too of course. No one else in the band has any shots wearing anything remotely like this. Let's just pretend that it's "models own" and be done with it. So dreamy.

Basically ALL L.Joe's photos are perfect, you can see that for youself. And the other boys didn't do half bad either. I'm enjoying C.A.P's Jaebeom style coiff a lot too:
And inevitable high tops.

In the rest of these pictures the short of it is that Niel is just precious, as is Changjo, Ricky has hair charms andChunji, I can't quite put my finger on it yet, but there is something in a little hesistant over, but nothing terrible.
So the debut pictures were on the hole good, and where it mattered most to me they were great.

So then came the audio tracks, something I was very nervous about. Apparently I had no need to be either. The intro, Come into the world (hopefully not a sick reference to how recently they were born) has all the drama and exciting build up that I have come to expect from a k-popped mini-album track 1. A hint at the melody of the song to follow and a heaviness which weighs on your heart, soon to explode. It reminds me a lot of BEAST's Shock album intro as well as 2PM, and that is no bad thing.
Clap, the debut single and track 2, follows on excellently and is brilliant. There are claps, of course, and some type of synth beat which is oh so catchy and totally ups the ante from the piano in the preceeding lead in. When the chorus hits, "I'm so cra, cra, crazy, cla, cla, cla, cla, clap..." my oh my. It is stuck in your head within seconds and pulls you along with such force. I love it. It reminds me of so many things, yet feels so unique at the same time. I see some Italo disco there somewhere and some WHAM(?) for some reason... who knows. I love it whatever it is.
Finally, Let's Dance is another club banger. Some Spanish guitar bringing to mind MBLAQ and an "You (r)leday" a la BEAST's Jonghyun to open. It's great. "Go shake it, go shake it, go shake it, shake it, baby shake it, go shake it, go shake it, go shake it, shake you booty shake it". These boys have a way of repeating words that is going to get me everytime, I can tell. If it works for TOP and GD, it's totally working for them too.

It's so rare and such a joy when the whole mini-album is good, and this one is great by my standards.

All we need now is some sweet "one two step" and the better half of the debut photo cosumes to be used in the majority of the MV and it will be all it needs to be. I know these boys can go all the way - "Let's get in hot in here"

2 comments:

Bunny said...

I said I was going to stop commenting, but really I couldn't miss out this one.

That freckle!! That really is something to live for. Not since my first glimpse of the freckle on the side of Matsuyama Ken'ichi's nose have I been so taken with facial pigment imperfection, it strikes like cupid's arrow through my heart.

"God I hope he gets the knit wear out come winter." you and me both.

No surprises here but I also love a good baseball jacket, and I am so willing to go along with the suggestion of models own. I cant remember what I was watching the other day, but it was Big Bang doing a photoshoot and then GD went to leave dressed in a bobble hat, baseball jacket with a rucksack, ridiculous bermuda shorts and fresh kicks, and I punched the air in joy that these were HIS OWN CLOTHES.

i'm going to be honest and tell you that I need to further study the rest of them to be sure who is who and how I feel about it all, I mentioned my thoughts on CAP in the other post, and I know who Niel is because he has a similar "not of this world" face charm to Xander, although I dont think its fair to lump the poor boy in with such a terror.

As for the music, its makes me crazy! CLAP CLAP CLAP MADMAN! in a good way. I liked it all, I hate that someone called them the Teen2PM but whoever that someone was had a point.

I would have liked to rounded my comment off with some notes on teh MV, but since my shoddy internet access and everything else, I only managed a quick few viewings in there, so i'll have to do some catch up soon, all I remember is it was divine.

Jessica Jane said...

I knew that you couldn’t let this one slide. Ha. L.JOE, such a lovely dollfaced teen. When will they learn that presenting us such young lovely boys will work every time – just cut out the terrors and model thwm all like this one!

Likening his freckle to Matsu-Ken, no I know you are hook, line and sinker.

Ah, the baseball look, so great, so timeless. I just saw Kayleigh has posted a youtube link to his Lotte audition on my wall. I can’t watch it yet because I’m at school, but I can see a baseball jacket in the freeze frame. Models own for sure!
And I know exactly which BB except you are talking about. It’s the rainbow puffer/ranger shoot, and he comes back briefly to thank them in models own. Such a doll face, though I did find the ensemble a little Breathe-jokey-portion-side leaning, but hey, fun time gal and all.

Talking of Niel’s other wordly charm, I would also link it very closely with Taeminnie too. I see that this one is for the Nuna’s. Can we go with Taemin over Xander? It sits much better with me that way.

I don’t like the Teen2PM either, but I too see it. And there has been BEAST likenings too, which is totally fair I’d say. There are worse role models for sure.
That someone criticized the lyrics for not making sense made me crazy. Do they have no reaction when they listen to k-pop? Do they not realize how it makes you so happy that you are clapping and then become crazed? Heartless losers.

I feel like the MV was well expressed in the teaser and live performances, so there are not too many surprises, but there are a few LOVELY vest/bed shots at the end…