Sunday 26 September 2010

What was the name of that game?

Basically, Bunny and I had big ideas for our evenings, we honestly did, but then we got chatting, exchanging videos, and before we knew it, we were deep in a whirlpool of related videos. I'm not even going to try to claim that they were things we had never seen before - for most of them we have. But this makes them no less joyous upon viewing. And there were certainly a few I hadn't seen at least.

It all started with a viewing of the maknae line covering Orange Caramel on one of the numerous Chuseok specials out this week. Quite innocent, with some fabulous Dongho (UKISS) and Dongjun (ZE:A) action, sadly Sungjong (Infinite) may have been a little too much, but over all a bloody good show. But as we basqued in this glory, the memories came flooding back, aided but discussions of TRAX and Oh! My goodness. Memories of what I hear you ask, well, of Heechul and Jungmo...(note Heechul sticking out his tongue afterwards)
So obviously, we both wanted to reminisce about the wonderful fan video, compiled but a most dedicated netizen, of Heechul's rainbow history. A whole 4:20 worth. "I'm in heaven when you kiss me" - I'll bet it's what they all say, for sure.

Heechul gets so much stick, or at least he used to, about being a bit too keen on the boy love, but I am here to run to his defence. Seriously S. Korea, what the hell do you expect! The games you "force" (I'm sure it's not really) these boys to play. They already live together, sleep together (in the same dorm), what more do they have to give? Their dignity too? I'd say so.

So, I ask, what is the name of this game?




"Kiss me darling, kiss me tonight....stay by my side, stay here a while". Just look at it, look at it from the outset, some fab Khun X Wooyoung action. The lady dancing around in joy - it is me, it is a projection of myself. Over spilling with unfettered delight! I think it may be the Christmas jumpers that knocks it over the edge. Boys in knit, with greaseproof paper...the mind boggles.

I think in England we call this "Suck and Blow", no? I can assure you that this is no festive one off though, I'm not clinging at straws here. All the kids are doing it these days!


And, then there's this game:



Variation on a theme? Cleverly titled "Passing the card game", but this isn't fooling anyone I don't think! And, it's not even as if this is a recent thing.



So, as you may have guessed, it really has been a busy evening. I even got taught about a game that I never knew existed...





"Rip the paper" game? Well, OK then. To be honest, I've never really thought much of ZE:A, but as of tonight I will be thinking of them a lot more. I think I may even have to attempt learning their names. Same goes for F.Cuz.


Really, my absolute favourite games are when they decide to mix the groups up a little, like on Shin PD (R.I.P). You can only imagine my delight when, just as we have decided enough is enough, ZE:A and UKISS combo pop up on my screen playing yet more un-namable games. And such a fun looking game. It would almost work for Halloween, something I'm getting pretty excited about.


The more K-popped costuming I see the better. Bunny has merely wet my palate!



In all honesty this was a last attempt to 'save' an evening from lacked productivity. I know I will regret this tomorrow when the BL haze has cleared. But right now, I feel just like Kim Jae Wook, and I had to let it all out.




Sorry unnie!

3 comments:

Alice said...

As soon as the 1st of October comes, that's becoming my work desktop background. YES.

Jessica Jane said...

Alice, that's what I like to hear. Dedication to the cause!!

I'm sorry to show you these so early on Alice; me and Bunny were actually discussing how to not open you up to this quite yet. But then I couldn't hold it in. I'm so sorry. I hope it wasn't too much too soon.

x

Bunny said...

Such a beautiful archive of events.
I'm mirroring Kim Jae Wooks flailing hands.
I thank the universe for giving us South Korea.

Definitely going to have to do some "research" on ZE:A..

and so proud Alice, so proud.