Monday 6 September 2010

お久しぶり。 

Golly has it been too long. So long that the fear has set in. How to start, what to say - I need a big important post because it has been so long, too long.
Photobucket
Having lacked consistent internet for almost 6 weeks, I feel blighted with a patchy and un-up-to-date awareness of what is most important to me in this world. I was almost two days late to see my first screening of SHINee Lucifer, and god knows how long over due my first live performance viewing of Se7en feat. T.O.P Digital bounce was (which finally came shamefully in the company of non-sympathisers - the pain of it). I have a gap of at least 4 Khuntoria episodes, and I have only just cleared the backlog of my 1000+ google (k-pop) reader, half the videos I am so desperate to study no longer active. Woe is me. From here on out I will be a better yeodongsang, Unnie, I promise.
With the excuse that I currently only have the use of my fathers pre-historic laptop, lacking screen shot/video download facility, the dilema of what to post is heightened. Feeling the need to comment on so many things all at once, and as a result gargling and choking on my own over-enthusiastic thoughts/words, a catch-up run down is, I think, my best option. So, please dont mind my lack of in-depth analytical spirit - you can always rely on Bunny for the best and most thorough modes of education anyway.

In no particular order, here are some things that have delighted me most in my painfully drawn out weeks long hiatus:

The SHINee Lascoste shoot. Wow, just wow. I want to put in all the pictures - I shalln't, but boy oh boy is it tempting. Instead, I have opted for the one which blew my mind most substantially. There is no Taeminnie, I hear you say. But for me this was one of those occassions where Onew once again stole the show.

I'd say that Key and Minho are really just here for good measure. I like the dog leash-esque set up a lot. I think it's good for Minho.

Really, if we want to talk about some good Minho, then he we are:

I feel that I can confidently say, Minho at his best.

How? Why? did I discover what 'Oh mona FFAF' (live journal Oh mona they didnt free for all Friday's) really meant so late in the day ---- the best excuse to post GIFs, images, videos, you name it, forty plus pages worth, for no reason other than that you love it! Basically, let's just call this post my personal FFA.

Something else to be had from the real FFAF then, hand picked by Bunny herself:

Cloak + Taemin + Bike = perfection.

I will take that this is the same era as Minho's bowl, Juliette or JoJo maybe, and run with it. This is not to say that I don't love them now, but just to ensure we don't forget our roots, and their fabulous pasts.

Now, I know I'm no F. Cuz fan (heaven knows I wish I could be), but I couldn't let this slide away unnoticed. Call me fickle, shallow, unethical, I have no pride. But forget their terrible music (sorry bunny) and F. Cuz (focus), and look, just look:
Photobucket
Taken from I love pets, maybe the best k-concept for a programme ever. Flawless boys kissing small costumed mammals. This can't be my official reason for liking a band, can it? I am willing with my whole heart that the next mini-album has at least something that I can work with. I just need something, anything, to musically justify my 'liking' this band.

I'm also looking forward to something new from U-Kiss soon, and I'm really hoping that they pull a BEAST style Shock comeback out of the bag. We need something drastically new, I feel - I hope you are listening diligently Eli. Or maybe, if that is too much to ask, can we just have something like this?
And if they were always eating, and never talking, then maybe we could forget about the problematic pitch of their voices?

Back to SHINee again, I just can't keep away, they have truly be excelling themseleves of late. So many images and GIFs I want to archive here, so that they are NEVER lost.

Photobucket:
and then theres this:
A summer holiday I dream of having. Imagine Key's snaps. The amount of nude male torso's on his film would surely deserve a look.

and did I mention how much I liked this?
Photobucket
The ever zealous Minho, with fully recovered pins.
Or this?
Welcome to my Korean post-punk dream.

and lastly, this?
Photobucket
Exquisite bowl movement. This slow-mo GIF satisfies me to the extent Muybridge's Running horse probably did the Victorians.

But, to be honest with you, SuJu have also been doing a really great job of late:
But why would they then go and cut this fringe off you Donghae, WHY?!

And my new favourite Maknae to confirm his place, adding to the long list, is none other than Kyuhyun:
Photobucket
His ShinPD performance pretty much made my week. The fear in his eyes and self reference to himself as hospital boy, in combat with MBLAQ’s Muscle Boy.

There has also been a lot of love between the members, some healthy skinship, which never fails to warm my heart:
Photobucket

And to be honestly, Eunhyuk just seems to be sexually abounding these days:
Photobucket

All has been a little to quiet on the 2AM front for my liking, but a few things have come up which has raised a smile:
Jinswoon rocking the ever hot onew-esque comb over. I wish I could say that it is just the hairstyle, but we all know this would be a lie.

Seulong, just SO LONG!

Thankfully, 2PM have been slightly more active these past few weeks and they have enjoyed a few photoshoots of note:
I never thought I could appreciate such jogging attire to this extent. Maybe the quiff helps?

And this is probably one of my all time dreamteam bands:
Junho on drums, OF COURSE. But let's not get me started on drummers, let's not even approach that pandoras box just yet.

Photobucket
Wooyoung as a cat. I told you, boys and small animals - any combo works.

So, yes, everyone has been working hard this summer, working up a sweat, and not least of all Big Bang, with their new Japanese release. Though my nerves are nearing their wits end awaiting the new full length Korean album, which was originally for 'this summer', I would be lying if I didn't admit the Japanese single, Beautiful Hangover, wasn't a wonderful concelation. And of course all the outstanding Japanese interviews and TV performances that have come along with it. T.O.P and GD's Japanese pretty much has my on my knees. Not wanting to go into too much detail on this, or the songs, this being an overview and all, and me feeling slightly late on the subject, let's just watch what I feel to be THE most important shoot of the summer, which just managed to pip Lacoste to the post:

There are no words.

Finally, let's wrap up with a little MBLAQ, just for good measure. Old news to everyone else, but not to me, Seungho and Mir's English:
Photobucket
Obviously with sound is best, but really, you must concentrate on these expressions too.

So these would be just some of the things I would have posted and expanded upon in the recent weeks. Please accept this as my apology.

To close, round up if you will, my top 3 news items:

1. Sungmin's (SuJu) sick ink - I never suspected he had it in him! And just look at this voile (Bunny, think Antique):

2. The Human Centipede has just hit cinema screens here in England. But you know what I'd rather see surgically conjoined (mouth to anus) to be one MBLAQ super-being:

3. L. Joe (Teen Top) is going to be in Mnet Scandal (dating programme)!! Now, honestly, they are just asking for trouble:



It has been a pretty great few weeks I'd say, at least in the world of K. I will leave you with my favourite headline of the whole summer.

Anyeong

Photobucket

2 comments:

Bunny said...

oh god my comment is actually so long that blogger wont accept it! 2 parts needed:

part 1 -

I'm here, i'm ready, "let's go". i'm going to tackle this from top to bottom, work is slow, what else would I be doing on a friday afternoon?

I love this post, its basically like christmas morning for me.

THAT SUNGMIN GIF! oh my, what an expressive boy, such a darling.

SHINee in lacoste, i live in fear of seeing a real life boy on the street wearing this gingham padded anorak because I will surely tackle him to the ground, bind his wrists and force him to live in a corner of my flat permanently wearing a mask of Onew's face and forced to perform the Ring Ding Dong dance every hour of the day.

god bless spock minho, why couldn't I get THAT in my Lucifer album, stupid god damn useless minho card!

Taemin on the bike is even more poignant since the return of Replay bowl hair cut and taemin at sports day. They havent forgotten their pasts <3

F.Cuz and the animals!!! I cant thank you enough for reminding me, I had marked this one for later viewing and lost track. I took it as a sign to finally f.cuz on f.cuz, pit some names to faces (aside from glorious Kan, easy to remember such beauty) and the program concept leaves me weeping with joy. Its like my first discovery of Aiba Masaki presenting "Shimura Dobutsu-en", I had to pinch myself to check I wasnt dreaming. I need more idol groups on I love pets, Korea doesnt give me nearly enough boy X animal collaborations unless they're cooking or eating them :( :( :(

Eli's twitter assured us that the new album is almost ready. what can U-Kiss deliver? How can we expect them to improve when their music cannot be categorised or compared by any kind of rational analysis. All we can hope for is 12 tracks of the UKiss Conti Intro "MOVE *BANG* YOU BETTER BACK UP" pleeeease. and i'm begging you Eli, no shitty comeback hair or thats it, itll be over between us, for good.

good lord, Key's private photo collection, that would be a sight to see, although I suspect an unhealthy amount of shirtless jonghyun would grow tedious after a while.

i'll skim over thrusting minho straight to perfect punk Onew. I LOVE HIM. look at the vein in his arm, look at the veins in his neck! powerful Onew. yikes.

Taemin hair movement is magical.

Donghae! specs, bow tie, shirt, cardigan, FRINGE it was all there!!! hairstylist noona must be BLIND. This forehead is not meant to be exposed.

Oh sweet Kyuhyun, and the school boy hats. it breaks my heart that we may never see SHINee cowardly wincing in anticipation the same way :(

Eunhyuk, Eeetuk, one of the greatest couples of our time.

I hate to correct you yeodongsang, but on my second viewing I realise that is not Eunhyuk backward beckoning on strong heart, it is the "fabulous" Brian Joo (you may recall him from the legendary Jo Kwon dance battles)

YIKES jinswoon rubbing his lips up on that coffee cup! how did i miss these shots?! it makes me want to drink coffee, for the first time in my life. preferably from that cup.

ditto for SO LONG.

continued ...

Bunny said...

part 2 .....

JUNHO ON DRUMS indeed. what a band.

im non plussed by wooyoung, actually non plussed is too kind, hair terror, googles on head, ringer necked t-shirt (which is only allowed on strapping jock types) and as far as i'm concerned , a failed attempt at cute. Sorry I have issues here. maybe my run of annoying customers have made me snap, i had to take it out on someone.

I am enjoying this never ending post, dont let it end.

TOP in elle, textbook YIKES.

"be my friendu" old or new, always amazing.

I near a clear shot of the sungmin ink, really I am so confused by the design of kpop tattoos, who did he consult on this? terror tattoo Hero JaeJoong?? OMG you've done it now, voile, an Antique reference, i might has well close up the shop for today, I'm on the floor.

2. yikes jessica jane YIKES! but yes.

now im so confused that ive seen this pic and then another l joe seated with Chunji/changjo/not sure in a wig. what ever happened to people subbing scandal though? I miss the way it made me tear my heart out and sob into my pillow.

excellent post my dear, A+

Anyeong xxx