Wednesday 22 September 2010

Vampire Blood Donor

I feel cheated. I gave blood on Friday, and I actually like giving blood, and I got to look at the amazing ceiling again and was feeling pretty great about the whole thing, until I saw this clip, and now.. i'm heartbroken. I can assure you that I did not get this kind of special treatment:


This is taken from "Night Star", you know that variety show that Onew from SHINee is on and they drive around and film in the back of a truck , and then think of weird stuff to do in the middle of the night? Like that time Onew surprised me (and no doubt delighted his 30/40 something hyungs) but managing to get hold of 3 members of Girl's Generation at 3am to come and do laundry with some youths about to enter into the army. Also its the show where Onew keeps dazzling everyone with his legendary "spicy finger" forehead flicking attack, latest victim - Supreme Team's Simon Dominic DANG DANG DANG.

Anyway, the special guest was Se7en who suggested they should all donate blood, although it later transpired Se7en was not actually fit to donate! For reasons unknown, but heres my possible suggestions 1 - recent tattoo work? 2 - underweight? 3 - goodness knows what kind of medication half of these kpop beauties are permanently jacked on, but recently CN Blue's Jung YongHwa couldn't donate blood due to his acne medication (bless him) so we'll be nice and suggest that, as opposed to some kind of post cosmetic surgery beauty enhancing poison.

Fan's flocked to the after hours blood drive where celebs and fans donated side by side and that lucky lucky lady got serenaded by an Onew & Se7en duet just inches away from her.  "Jealous" doesn't even begin to convey my thoughts here, I want my blood back and I will have to consider donating in future based on the caliber of celebrities they can arrange to serenade me mid donation. I want that girl in the video to be me (even if Se7en does look kind of creepy throughout, adorably creepy though..).

To somewhat cushion the blow of my less than eventful blood donating experience, Onew and Se7en (and the other Night Star MCs who I have no vested interest in) all wear vampire capes (I was pretty into it) and play a special food punishment game where they have to talk about "good deeds" they have done. Se7en talks about previously inspecting the cellphones of his juniors G Dragon and Taeyang to make sure they weren't up to no good, and perfect Onew proudly talks about buying his dad a car.

 

Seriously, vampire Se7en with (accidentally?) perfect matching crucifix ring is way less creepy than trying-to-be-cute-whilst-serenading-you Se7en. And seem as i've now brought up the vampire look, Halloween is just over a month away and I'm hoping South Korea delivers me some more ghoulish delights. I'd like more of the classic horror themes, although the mysterious dark side  of k-pop (as so brilliantly covered in this post by Jessica Jane) is appreciated greatly (and I am still so desperate to see our Lee HongKi corpse paint prediction come true), I'd be happy to see some of the less intense, more jokey fancy dressed based costumes, just for the fun of it. Dracula capes, really it's never a bad thing.... or is it ....

 wait a second, are they on board a pink school bus? with teddy bears?? uh oh nuna.

I have mixed feelings of delight and remorse as I reminisce over "UKISS Vampire". A show that explored bloodtype personality theory through the dorm life of the 7 members. Early in my k-popping days this is what introduced me to U KISS, and it was great, good, ok, not so great,,, it was one of those full on, full speed teenage boys in a confined space reality show messes that are only really watchable but the sedated or the infatuated. I was neither, I was just very interested in blood types and I hadn't even watched Wild Bunny (god help me) so it was bearable, I tried to learn names, at least until I couldn't take it anymore and gave up watching, I just wasn't ready for it.

Now i'm ready, after months of building resilience to the hyperspeed incoherent English babbling, insanity and awkward cue card reading MADNESS of Pops in Seoul, following Xander's twitter addiction daily and all the god blessing I can handle, living through the trials and tribulations of dealing with Eli's hair upset, wondering what ever happened with the rest of "Rasing Idols", discovering I had been missing out on one of the greatest K-pop mini album intros of all time, repeated listens of the autotune pop masterpiece "UKISS - ONLY ONE" album and repeated viewings of Man Man Ha Ni and Binguel Bingul, I really miss U-Kiss. I'm ready for the new album (whenever that is) and I'm ready to watch all of U KISS Vampire.

U KISS, you're definitely not MAN MAN HANI...  but don't let me down on this comeback, and Eli, don't even think about messing this up.

BONUS:


*just edited this post to include largely rrelevant but necessary Dongho knitting GIF*

- BUNNY 

3 comments:

Alice said...

This is great. I'm strangely attracted to vampire se7en, even if he does look a little plastic.

I might try 'spicy finger' on Juan later. It's also reminded me to finally listen to 'dang dang dang' THROW YOUR ELBOWS UP xxx

Jessica Jane said...

I love it, i love it, i love it, and that is just the Dongho GIF. My god, why have i never even thought to search of images of him knitting, simply relying on my own imagination! Of course it was out there all along.
But now you've gone and done it - reminded me of one of my fav maknaes...oh dear.

Seriously though, I wish I had persevered with this "Night Star". I don't know why the Girls Generation one didn't hold me to do so - was it really that late at night, and was I really that tired when I watched it?! Sad times.

Oh, "spicy finger", they do pick these names!

Poor Se7en. I don't want to say anything, but I think we can guess which of those reasons is most likely. He must have gone under the knife, he just must have. All that time out - it's Go Mi Nam all over again!!

Well done Bunny, well done. As ever, you did K proud!
xxx

Bunny said...

So ladies, that's 3 votes on cosmetic surgery se7en, I think we can now take that as fact.

Alice I hope Juan survived the "spicy finger", perhaps it can be introduced as a regular punishment for lack of support regarding k-pop, a snarky comment = a quick flick on the head, he'll soon learn whats best for him.

Jessica, as I uploaded the Dongho GIF I did feel a slight pang of reluctance, like I was some kind of "enabler" who shouldn't put such temptation in front of you,, ahhh but the high it would bring would be worth it I thought. So glad I could present you with some hardcore knitting evidence. Theres nothing event remotely smutty about that sentence but I even felt creepy writing "hardcore" with regards to this boys. Yikes, this is why I shouldn't reply to comments at 1.30am.

ps. so lovely to have the 2 of you commenting in tandem <3