Sunday 27 February 2011

BIG BANG IS BACK! Most definitely incredible (hey move)!

B to the I to the Bang, Bang!

Anyone that did not know Bunny or I better may think that we have totally gone off Big Bang. It once used to be the most tagged band on here, but then we dwindled, and almost...stopped? I personally have no great explanation for this, other than being entirely overwhelmed by everything they do, pretty much to the point where I am catatonic and totally beyond words or phrases of and kind to describe either them or my reactions. Yes they make me that happy, and pretty much on a daily basis.
Admittedly, I had such big plans for the GTOP debut! But it was just all too exciting. New outfits on EVERY live performance, and a whole variety of ad lib/improvised moves in the breakdown. I started trying to GIF them all, I really did, but then it all got too much, and most of all I was terrified that I may have missed one, and the list would not be complete!! O to ka jo?!

In an attempt to not totally overstep/sidestep the return of Big Bang after over two years in the making, I am going to take it one step at a time. i.e. there will surely be more posts on the subject from both Bunny and I, but this is at least a start.

The album is amazing, I genuinely love it all, every single track. listen here.
Even with the comedy factor though, I guess I have to say that Cafe was my least favourite track. Note the past tense use of the verb. That was until I saw these:

From Top left to bottom right: GD, Seungri, Daesung Taeyang, Daesung, TOP.
(Yes, I know I have Daesung in here twice, but seriously, credit where credit is due!!)


I don't think I have ever been so inspired to have an attempt at making my own version of a piece of clothing seen on screen. In the live performance from the SBS hour long comeback show we not only get close up zooms on their faces, but even the mid shots are able to show close ups of their faces, it's just that they are printed on their chests. It's genius!

Already liking the song more, I have decided that the translated lyrics are pretty much up to scratch too, and this is in addition to TOP's down and dirty English (in bold) which he delivers in possibly his deepest bass tones to date:


The usual Ice Coffee, Expresso double shot
Close your eyes,
Let it slide smoothly down your throat, Music we used to love
My heart beats Faster
The tremors when i first met you
The Cafe helps me remember that attraction
I always helped her get the syrup (my italics)
Now I hate that sticky sweetness


TOP and coffee will never get old.




...To Be Continued

1 comment:

Benjamin Crabb said...

I WANT MORE!!!
WE NEED TO TALK!!! ABOUT EVERYTHING!!
THE BIG BANG SHOW! EXCUSE ME!