Wednesday 17 November 2010

Yoon Doo Joon is not a pervert (sadly)

This was just going to be one screen shot on tumblr but I decided it needed so much more (when I reached 5 screen shots)

So, there's a new sitcom "All My Love" which features a sprinkling of K-pop idols in its cast. 2AM's Jo Kwon and Brown Eyed Girls' Gain (who fictionally inappropriately are a "married" couple on "We Got Married") play twins and whilst I do love Kwon and Gain (and their "married" life, although i'm about 20 episodes behind..) I wasn't convinced I was going to bother with this, I mean its a sitcom anyway, not a drama so that means canned laughter, slow plots, exceptionally family friendly and sets that seem to look exactly the same as the ones in the few clips of sitcoms i've watched (heechul's, taemin's, no min woo's .. always the frontage of the building/shopping mall thing, am I imagining this?) aaaanyway, the casting of BEAST's leader, romantic, football obsessed, big eyed all round dreamboat Yoon DooJoon/DooJun (whichever you prefer, I prefer the triple double "o"s)  had me excited, and then I saw this headline:


Well I wasn't going to need much more persuading. I knew Jessica Jane had been the early bird and already watched episodes 1 & 2, but like the fickle girl I am I just went right for what I was looking for... Doo Joon's character shows up in episode 3 as the pervert soldier, who isn't really a pervert at all, but somehow I delighted in watching DooJoon constantly berated as a pervert, especially as they made a kind / unimaginative decision to just call his character "DooJoon". Freshly discharged from the army (the best way for a Korean boy to be, that way he's not going to have to leave you for 2 years right when you start getting to the "holding hands" stage of dating...) DooJoon gets mistaken for a pervert as he tries to pick up a coin that rolls to the feet of a chubby girl in a short skirt. Protesting his innocence moment 1:

(Great use of Yoon Doo Joon Moon eyes.)

Unlucky DooJoon is mistakenly thought to be following home the girl with cute hair who unbeknown to him is subletting his bedroom. Some how he gets there first, eats food, passes out in his underwear with his food in a plate of food:


Somebody give him a key to my house, he can come over and do that anytime. Unflattering angle, scratching his belly, eyes half closed half open, PERFECT. DooJoon is like a real boy. I don't know if this is all my head, like most things are, but the biggest appeal of DooJoon for me is that he seems different to a lot of the other idols, I guess a little more down to earth, less concerned with vanity/fame/idolness, more sincere (?!) and a sweet and humble leader, I put him in my very special category with my beloved Seungho, they have their moments of absolute smoldering hotness but I find them just as attractive when they look like they just woke up from a long nap in their sweatpants, hence they largely escape my wrath of haircut and outfit spot checks. It must be love or something... (somehow this paragraph seemed embarrassing to write? is it because I swooped a little deeper than my usual haircut comments and went for logical points of attraction? who knows, god i'm blushing over DooJoon, I will probably cry the day they ruin those perfect gelfling/spock sideburns though, I warn you now...)

Back to the story, the authorities are called who removed DooJoon, and his beautiful thighs, and take him out on the street where he protests his innocence some more, gets hit by a grandpa and then his mom shows up and says "omona! why are you half naked" as if t-shirt and boxers is half naked!! Playing it safe sitcom! playing it safe! which reminds me I just remembered reading about DooJoon talking about filming this scene and "playing it safe" with some pants under boxers... lol, overly shy much?


I did actually enjoy the whole episode, even non DooJoon moments, and the acting was all (surprisingly) good! but I'm yet to decide if i'll be a regular viewing, I might have to resort to scanning through, Gain and cute haircut girl has some snappy outfits I dont want to miss out....

Also I completely forgot that Kwon and Doo Joon would be together, a Hot Blood Men reunion! and boy OH BOY what a reunion!!! After watching this looped MANY times I have decide that, this is probably how Jo Kwon would actually greet DooJoon in his bedroom in this scenario, in fact this is probably how Jo Kwon greets many of his pals in many bedrooms... and also this is definitely how I would greet and unsuspecting DooJoon distracted by towel drying his hair....


Really I just wanted to make that GIF, share it with you and tell you that I love acting success pervert leader Yoon Doo Joon! and I really like saying his name.

PS.  PEREFCT

- BUNNY

No comments: