Monday 1 November 2010

TRICK OR TREAT. HARROWEEN part 2.

I'm sorry i'm a day late but at least we can drag out the festivities before our pumkins begin to rot. I'm also thankful that my planned content is different to Jessica's spooktacular Halloween Party (which was quite a concern considering our seemingly conjoined consciousness).

Originally I was intended to cover the lighthearted fancy dress attempts of our idols, and avoid the more familiar dark fashion side (Princes of Darkness) but after Se7en's casual vampire look I really didn't see too much costume play going around so instead here's some patchy loosely Halloween related bits and pieces.

Firstly I would like to begin with a more serious tone as we take a moment to consider MC Mong.

MC Mong is currently embroiled in such a messy and public scandal for allegedly having unnecessary teeth removed in order to evade his madatory military service, last I heard he was found guilty, was going to be charged and his future is either "straight to the army" or "jail then army" which when you add in the national public shame and anger means that his career as a musician and entertainer is looking like it will "rest in peace" for the next few years at least :( I have no idea if he is guilty or not (he maintains his innocence) I only know that I really don't agree with mandatory military enlistment but I also don't agree with criminal offense... so all I can say is its a damn shame and a great loss to Korean variety and entertainment.

In memory of his career and all he has done for us (i'm largely referring to showing us the waking hours and candid dorms of 2AM and 2PM) lets take 3mins48secs to enjoy this Halloween gem :



I miss you Dr Mongenstein.

I'm going to give a special mention to T-ara for some excellent costume efforts although I only know a few of their names and they are not one of our generally loved and accepted girl groups here at Nunas so i'll just give you the link to their great Halloween costumes from a filming something or other in August (?!) 2009. I was happy to see one of them is Chucky which made me remember Shin Min Ah is dresses as Chucky in one of the Gumiho fantasy sequences (although i cant find a screen cap or video clip anywhere) and then I thought how it would be great one year if Shin Min Ah and MinHo went as each other for Halloween, or they could do a really great "twins from the Shining" costume.

I think my post needs more pictures and less words, so here's another fashion spread in the Prince of Darkness theme, 2PM as your dark knights, its old but I think its worth digging up, gothic chic and Junho in some subtle fringing, plus the use of fake crow is really phenomenal:
Taecyeon looks so youthful! and his yellow blonde tipped spikes are hauntingly similar to the current terror hair, but somehow the crow, barechest with a cape and the foreground candelabra softens it.

Whilst looking for those pictures I also unearthed hot ajusshi, star of Iris (aside from the dazzling star of T.O.P) and Hollywood movie dabbler Lee Byung Hun had tried his best with the crow and some skulls for another magazine, not "Another Magazine", it was for Vogue, but anyway...


Finally here is my Pièce de résistance, which I have stored away patiently for Halloween. Jessica Jane, we knew this day would come, we knew that somewhere out there in the world of K there had to be an instance of corpsepaint (and whilst this might not completely fill the dictionary definition, i'm going to take it as the closest we might get), I though HongKi would be the one to lead the way, how close I was.... You're Beautiful co-star ... i'm not sure YongHwa could pull it off ... so you know it has to be....
the one and only
JANG GEUN SUK

Thank you Dazed & Confused Korea for you failed attempt at what was apparently a Heath Ledger "Joker" homage, because you gave us so much more. A glimpse of death metal kpop and I love you for it. And who better than Jang Geun Suk?! of course it would be him, after all this is the man that opened an awards ceremony with a Hedwig and the Angry Itch performance . He's the blonde in the pink, the other hottie in white with the pink 'do is GD's BFF and eternally beautiful spooky babe Lee HyukSoo, whilst i'm talking about Lee Hyuk Soo, it gives me an excuse to post this Corpse Bride one:


and now I think i'm done.

Oh and Jess, the only thing more terrifying than the real K horror of "Triangle MV" ( and lets not forget who that freakish platinum blonde on drums becomes...) is the sheer horror and disgust I feel at the Ayyyy Girl MV. Triangle 2? SO SCARED RIGHT NOW.

- BUNNY

6 comments:

Jessica Jane said...

Wow Bunny unnie, wow, wow, wow, what a magnificent piece of work.
You have truly excelled yourself!!
So many never ever before seen treats. Boy do i envy your infinitely skilled research abilities. You amaze my constantly.

The Mc Mong song is amazing - I love it, and I love him. And I really really miss him. Please let this all be a big understanding and let him come back. Him and Shin PD (I want my SHINee episode!!)

Tace with crow is perfection. I so want him to lead me down to a cold, dark, drippy cellar - by candle light of course. K-boys and birds - always a win.

Oh Jang Geun Suk!!!!!!!!!! Never mind the Joker homage, hello Marilyn Manson! Yes, yes, yes. If there were just a little white in there, it really would be Norwegian. So close.
Really, thank you so much. I can barely express how happy i really am with this. Fantastic!!!

I appreciate also the Hyuk Soo reminder - it has been too long. So dreamy. Right now he really reminds me of someone...but I will have to get back to you as to who exactly.

As for JYJ, so glad you did not embed this!! Honestly, what will they think of this. The only thing I can say that I honestly like in the video is Xiah's pinnie. And NOTHING ELSE.

Alice said...

HELLO CHANSUNG

I had more to say but I am now totally distracted.

HELLO CHANSUNG. Hi.

Jessica Jane said...

Oh Alice - are we really that dedicated these days?

I'm so happy for you both.
x

Alice said...

Normally I don't have 'that' kind of reaction to Chansung, I just want to tussle his hair, talk about cats and make him laugh his goofy laugh...but that photo prompts the same reaction as his men's health shoot...which I might have to look at again now.

Jang Geun Seuk looks fantastic in his semi-corpse paint - I'm looking forward to watching him in mary stayed out all night, ie, not being Tae Kyung...

Bunny said...

I'm back back back in the game.

I'm delighted that I could show you a few unseen treasures. Especially JGS, I almost burst when I saw it and wanted to break the news immediately but restrained myself. Its very Marilyn Manson. Really is it that much further for them to reach to Mortis??

I suppose Hyuk Soo looks like Adrian Brody x Kiseop's profile x Zhou Mi from SuJu M. any of those?

I wouldnt dream of embedding that HORROR SHOW from JYJ. honestly, such an embarrassment.

Alice - all of your reactions are the right ones. especially wanting to hear the goofy laugh! (i'm swooning at the pair of you) well done. He just tweeted a picture of his cat in its cat house mere moments ago. I kind of wish he would post pictures of his torso just as frequently... but kitten is better than nothing.

I can't wait for the new JGS drama either, but I think after seeing the stills of co-star Kim Jae Wook my heart is going to be in turmoil. If he includes the corpse paint it might work in his favour.

Benjamin Crabb said...

Lee Hyuksoo totally looks like Faris Badwan.

Excellent Halloween posts girlies.

So many treats!!!!!