Saturday 19 March 2011

Cute Overload [Procrastination station, week 2]

In place of agitprop film or postmodern dance or Dada performance, this is what the inside of my head looks like:


Dalmatian - That Man Opposed

And the live Dalmatian performances are even more adorable, with full house set as their stage or even with the sofa alone, them lot of them in baby blue suits. Youngwon is such a show stopper, blue hair or not. Day Day is the wrong kind of show stopper - why does he have to sit next to Youngwon?! He dampens the mood.



Infinite - Nothing's over

Sungyeol may not have any lines to sing, poor child, but he is the star of the video. And he really is a bright, sparkling, darling star. Besides, he gets to sing the chorus with the others.



ZE:A - Here I am

Oh ZE:A, I take it all back. I don't care what I said, I already love your song. Siwan has me singing 'Girl 넌 나의, butterfly, butterfly...' round and round and round again. He is transfixing. And who thought Dongjun would actually be able to cope so well with his lines live. Well done maknae, really well done. Though I would prefer a few less winks from you - somehow they are creepy and I don't like them, too sure of yourself, and you're not wearing a nice suit either (I've never been one for blazers and v-neck T-shirt combos. Why isn't he pretty in pink in the live performance like everyone else??). Siwan, on the other hand, you are literally killing me in your pink denim jacket and powder pink trousers. What a vision you are.
Everyone's dancing is so much better than the silly narrative video, with that girl wasting precious screen time - there's nine of them don't you know! Looking forward to the dance version MV.
Anyway, ZE:A, this is my public apology. Forgive me? I promise to watch all your live stages and love you a lot.



And like all these GIFs above, I'm pretty sure that this is how my brain is going to remain all day, on loop.

4 comments:

Bunny said...

GIF LOVE.

what a brilliant brain you have.

We haven't had a chance to fully discuss ZE:A but I have to tell you something, I still kind of don't like it, well not completely, I love "Girl 넌 나의, butterfly, butterfly..." I love Heechul whisking a cake, of course sports science's angelic voice (even with his terror hair cut - its ok, he is sports science after all, at least he still has a pretty face) I just still cannot fathom the minds of Star Empire.

The other songs on the album (and i dont just mean the old ones) are way better than this, and while parts of it are cute, so much is wrong, there are still way to many parts which various members can not sing, it terrified me to read that quote with them saying they think they're most suited to this song and thing theyve found their style?! god no! go back to Mazeltov! please!

Now I think about it, each single chronologically was weaker than the last, I am so worried for them as they continue down this watery thin pastel road singing out of tune and occasionally adding covert thrusting to their dance moves... somebody help them.

To make this constructive criticism i'll round off by saying Siwan looks like perfection, sports science is holding this whole song together (and terror kevin - yuk), Heechul should have been given the full rap and Hyungsik is most definitely in the fab four favourites.

x

Jessica Jane said...

OH god, I feel bad letting you know just how much I love this song. I got so into it on the way to school that I greeted Katie at my Dada seminar with a chaste "Here I am" and a little jig to accompany. I will stick the the GD "Is this what you been waiting for?" next time i see you, one day...

Do you not like the covert thrusting? Is this not a good thing? わかりません。


x

Bunny said...

now "don't get this shit twisted" I don't hate it, im just don't love it.

Please don't let me miss out on the chaste renditions and accompanying jigs, you know i'll always love "is this what you've been waiting for?" but variety is the spice of life and I am filled with bubbling joy at the thought of our next reunited time together, k-pop j-pop references all day every day.

The covert thrusting is a poor distraction to the fact that their songs are well below standard. But, a thrust is a thrust. Of course its a positive. いま わかりますか?

x

Jessica Jane said...

はい!わかります。
うれしい です!
xxx