Monday 7 March 2011

New kids on the U-KISS block

Finally, the news has come in as to who is going to, dare I say it, replace Xander and Kibum in U-KISS. If this means nothing to you, check out Bunny's post here.

First announced was Hoon.

I'm not sure how excited I am about him, but I would hate to judge a book by its cover. He has nice collar bones by the looks of it, so let's give him a chance.

A 91-er, which means he still has three years on Dongho, he's a theatre major at university, and has prior acting experience. But don't worry, he also comes complete with 'impressive vocal talent'. I should hope so! But really, the solo single he released in 2009 is total balladsville, so this best not be the direction U-KISS are heading in. Even though I did read, and am trying to forget, that they want U-KISS to bring out a ballad debut album in the U.S.?! What are they thinking. Anyway, he is a happy 180cm and is skilled at Tae Kwon Do. Also, apparently he likes basketball, snowboarding and wakeboarding, so he may be good for some variety entertainment...

As he was the first to be released, and is the-one-with-the-voice, I was hoping the next would be the wild card - the Kiseop of the new U-KISS era. But, hmm, I'm not so sure. Meet AJ.

Mullet, mullet, mullet!
Oh wait, that's not good. Try this.

The mullet remains!
Or this?

Improvement? I guess the pastel suit is a bit better.
Maybe this?


Cats usually help!! Oh well, I guess stylist nuna will have a busy time on her hands pre-(re)debut later on this month. I'm not saying he is a terror, but considering these are mainly publicity shots, from when he was in Paran (now disbanded - see why), there is work to be done. Admittedly he was around 15 or 16 I believe, and is now the ripe age of 20 (another 91-er). He went to Korea Kent foreign school, so he will be speaking some English I bet, and he is a rapper apparently, or was in Paran, so that gives us some hope musically. He is also 180cm, the same as Hoon, so there will be no bickering over shoe lifts. The only hobby I can find for him so far is 'street basketball'? Oh, and he's an A. Maybe we will end up getting on like a house of fire.

Loving U-KISS as much as I do, I will be sure to give them a try. There just best not be any horrible surprises along the way.


4 comments:

Bunny said...

I cant believe you fitted in a blog post as well!!

I am seriously dubious about this coach trip to balladsville we seem to be on. I want to get off the bus. but maybe I want to take Hoon with me, he's sparked an interest, maybe it was the collarbones.

As for AJ, hmmm. My purely superficial analysis (and really what other kind of analysis would I attempt) I'm a little disappointed, he seems to have a boringly average Korean idol face combined alarmingly with disturbingly average mid 00s Johnny's haircuts ?!

In their favour 180cm a piece is nothing to scoff at.

I wonder how Dongho is dealing with this all, children are much more vunerable in these break up type situations, one day Xander hyung was there to make sure he was looked after and now this two try and muscle in and make him sing ballads, poor kid. don't cry Dongho, don't cry. I wonder if he has a Sports Science cot type sleeping arrangement where he can just slide himself under the bed and weep when the going gets tough. All maknaes should have that as standard.

Jessica Jane said...

I'm interested that you had so much fair in Hoon from the word go, even with his balladeering technique. Maybe it's some type of sixth sense - I swear Kayleigh has that skill.

As for AJ, has your mind been changed since? Are you as fickle as me?? Please say yes for I am genuinely excited about his prospects, especially being the rlapper and all.

I love that you called them 'a piece'. I don't know why but that sentence makes me so so happy.

Oh maknae, I reckon that AJ, with all his pre-band experience, is going to take good care of him. If you catch them young enough I am sure they can form just as strong attachments... It'll be healthier than the nurturing vibes of Xander to say the very least.

Cot, cot, cot!

Bunny said...

see my comment to more recent post, re AJ and my thawing heart.

I don't know how confident I was in my Hoon support, I'm not as certain in my prediction as I was with Infinite ... for example.

and OF COURSE I am just as fickle as you. Except with Thunder. I don't see those feelings ever turning around, even with the nice hair he had in the reality show. oh god, nice hair?! Is this a turn around already?

At our k-pop rehab facility with can install the underbed cots in each room, if we board them in pairs, hyungs and maknaes, I feel that would be all the love and support they would need to make full recoveries.

Jessica Jane said...

Oh how relevant that Infinite reference has now become.

I am so keeping a n eye on you and Thuder (when I have one to spare in the MBLAQ circle that is).

Nuna Rehab © 2011.
'Let's make two thousand and heaven count!'