Wednesday 5 May 2010

How is it exactly that you slipped through my hands?

I address this to Taeyang, for two reasons.

One of these reasons is based on the fact that he used to be my ichiban (favourite) Big Bang member and these days he no longer is. I feign to guess that it's rather obvious, T.O.P my dearest, who is my definitive number 1. This Taeyang love went to the ends of the earth, so I thought, so much so that I had a photo taken "with" Big Bang and I was so preoccupied with Taeyang adoration that I cared not of the T.O.P obstruction!


What was I thinking, how could I have ever not cared?! Sometimes I don't even recognise my own self (and this I mean on so many levels).

I think it was Wedding Dress that really captured my heart in its entirety. It was Taeyang and his dove dives to be exact:

This screen capture doesn't give a great idea. But hopefully when you (re)watch for yourself you will know exactly which move I mean. This move is performed as he simultaneously hollers "BA-BY!" from the bottom of his heart.

I'm sure there are many reasons why Taeyang fell from grace, and surely none of them are his fault. I'll put it down to my inconsistent superficiality. Needless to say, I still have a soft spot for him. The same way that I have one for SHINee's Minho. The kindled flame will never really go out.


So, to my second reason, and the more pressing of the two. How did Where you at escape my eagle eyes?? I pawed over so many Taeyang videos, or so I thought, but this never made it into my radar, or not memorably at least. And I don't know that I really would have watched it and not taken note of it's brilliance - prime time Taeyang if you ask me. I want to never forget about this or miss this ever again, which is why it must have a whole post dedicated to it's favour.



Please accept this as an apology Taeyang, on both counts.
x

1 comment:

Bunny said...

Welcome back babe.

I have never understood Taeyang infatuation, I wont dwell any further to avoid insult (to your former self and to YoungBae himself).

All that really needs to be said was recently said by Seungri in the "Like Big Bang" rap on the HahaMong show:

"Taeyang hyung, every weekend, Just goes to church and prays,
Never even went on a date, You’re really a rare/historical find
Please get your head set straight,"

To his credit,Where U At is a rad song and Wedding Dress was epic and the heart wrenching "dove dives" did raise my affections for him.

I know I said I wouldn't dwell but I do have a genuine query here that does not stem from Taeyang dislike but rather Taeyang curiosity... his hair. Has he only ever had 2 hair cuts? its either the braids, or the mohawk (with disturbing shaved front), did i miss something??

Even though you might now be embarrassed or even ashamed by your nonchalant indifference to TOP obscured by the vending machine, its perfectly understandable, when another ichiban is in place, everything around him is a blur. And besides, you got there in the end, I'm so happy your fickle affections led you to our beloved eyebrow raising, finger pointing, angry jumping, big hunk of TOP.