Monday 14 June 2010

"He was dubbed by Korean media as the next Rain..."

And I'd say that there is some validity in this statement, Ki Kwang.

What a wonderful young man he is, all 20 years of him. I'd fairly say that he delights me on an equivocal level to Rain. How could he not, with such a mulitfaceted personality. I wont go into it in depth here, but after study of his in MTV B2ST and MTV BEAST Almighty along with other things, he is no one trick pony.

He is, at the very least, both infinately adorable
Photobucket

and unabashedly sexual
Photobucket

Really he ticks all the boxes. When an idol gets his own 'free time', though on camera it may be, I think I can safely say they are few and far between that desire most to cycle along the riverbank alone as he does. Dreamboat central. And he never once comes across as big headed or conceited, even though he has already had (though it was short lived) a solo career (as AJ), is clearly the most attractive memeber in BEAST and is the only one to also be acting, in the successful High kick through the roof.

This setting the scene, I am always pleased for him to pop up in my google reader, and today was certainly no exception to that rule. Cue SEXY DANCE so titled video:



Really, I love it when video titles don't lie.

So yes, SEXY DANCE it is. The funny thing is that it starts off with Rain's Love Song of course. How else better to commence a sexy segment. And this is what brought the Rain comparative to mind. But really, here I think he is merely getting his mind in gear for what is soon to come - the latter showcased ‘American style’ pelvic dance. Oh yes. Ki Kwang is no stranger to the pelvic thrust as you have already seen, but this is to another level i'd say.

As i said then, the Love Song debut is short yet sincere. Note here before we get carried away the use of a perfectly charming neck-tied scarf. This is the kind of accessorising I love, none of that studded collar jazz.

This sincerity of feeling is soon to be re-worked a la Chris Brown for what I will call 'Phase two' though. Look at him go. Dropping straight to the floor only to rise up for the delivery of multi-directional impassioned thrusts - he changes just like that! "I hope you're ready baby cuz here we go." - thank you for the lyrical warning Chris, just in time for the floor thrust section. If only it wasn't intercut with so much audience response. To finish up round two, a gentle wipe on the motuh and some spirit fingers.

'Phase three' then, where not only his sexual qualities are displayed, but his comical ones too. Meet Kwang the jovial tyke. Maybe not even a tyke, more a fun time boy with wit in equal measure?
Clearly very easily influenced, Kwang is soon up and out of his seat to gently grind and thrust towards the side of his team mate as he performs his own song. What a way to brighten up any dull old ballad. And to then drop down to the floor in his wonderfully high pitched giggly laugh - first phase Kwang joining forces with second and third, a killer combination. Such an array of varying thrusts, and some Rainism 'Otter' shimies thown in too. A perfect variety show segment I'd say. It captures a number of his sides just right.

So, who knows if he will be the next Rain for the whole of Korea. I can only say that for me this could certainly be the case. If we get to the point of him pole dancing in true Rain fashion I will be there, at my new found Rain.

Until then, at least we know that he makes good use of his ridonkulously styled outfits and that he is, more importantly, a shirt ripper.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Bunny said...

oh jessica ♥
What a perfect analysis of the "sexy dance" performance. I saw this just moments before seeing your post, and I wondered if you'd mention it , how could you not!?
and from these Kwang Gif gifts I can only dream what other gems might be locked away inside your treasure chest.

I may have seemed to be holding back a little when it comes to Kwang, but I can not deny a single word of what you said. How can he be such a perfect thrusting superstar and the next minute a charming gracious well turned out (modest accessorising appreciated) young man??
I think he had already broken me with the riverside cycling but this confirms it all.

it really is a pleasant change to not be grossly mislead by a deceiving video title, and agree we could have used less audience reactions, in a perfect world this video should have had all cameras pointed only on Kwang from beginning to end.

With regards to Rain, I have one thought, imagine if you were lucky enough (just for an example..) to find your self in the same late night burger joint as one of these two dreamboats,,, I don't think Kwang would be the kind of guy to deny an autograph, stand outside smoking and laughing and then drive off on a motorbike... if you get what i'm saying.

Ki Kwang seems more likely to be the kind of guy to come over and share your fries, give you a winning smile and then offer you a lift home perched on his handlebars....

i'll leave it at that.

Jessica Jane said...

YIKES! What a wonderful closing paragraphs to your comment. Such an image is almost too much for me to bear. Oh Ki Kwang, he would so sit down with you. Maybe buy you a coffee even, and the smile, oh the smile. It would be a little like Key in the new year bonanza Juliette extended intro. But better, because you wouldn't be in fear of him calling you fat over your fries. (And he hasn't had any real hair issues to date since he's been in BEAST, as AJ there were the braids, but I'll skim over this as I do with TOP and Taeyang and Chansung)

My mind is at such a loss these days that I will probably convince myself that I watched such a scene somewhere and claim this is something that he actually did. Thus I will claim it as proof of his perfection.

Rain on the other hand, little terror. He really has been going down in my appreciation polls of late. All this Hyori buisness, terrible award acceptance joke of a `speech` and lack of fan appreciation have not gone unnoticed. (Do I sound like a crazed "6 PM" hater?!?!)
Let's hope he pulls his socks up fast. Until then, Ki Kwang can rightfully take his spot.

Kayleigh said...

Kwang for King of K-Pop!!!!
Kwang for King of K-Pop!!!!

He's like Rain but actually nice.

Bunny said...

lets always skim over the braids.
LOL at your Key comment, I had chips twice today, i'm so glad he wasn't there to see it..

Glad you enjoyed my usual "fanfic-esque" commenting, really the Kwang + bicycle = PERFECT equation will never get old.

I go so distracted by the shirt ripping/zipping gif whilst commenting, i completely forgot I wanted to remind us all of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaGCrkuxztg

american style pelvic dance - i salute you.

Jessica Jane said...

Oh bojangles! This video is always playing in my heart.

Do you think we will ever get a thrust off competition? Has there been one? I want an interband bonanaza. I want SHINee, 2PM, Big Bang, Rain, MBLAQ, BEAST, 2AM, UKISS. Maybe even Infinate too. I want them all.

Bunny said...

I just further dance battle elaborated in the Infinite comments. I'd really like to think there must have been a thrust off at least once? even if not titled as one.. I suppose it is our duty to continue to research the K-pop archives until we find such a moment.

As for your orgy of a thrust off I want to ask you to reconsider things a little, I know you're only thinking of your Teen Dream but really do you want to invite U-Kiss to such an event?? Im not sure I want them thrusting near me, i'm not even sure I want all members of SHINee thrusting, but then again I want SHINee doing anything, ANYTHING they like so they can stay in the line up, just maybe its better if we separate the beasts and pros to a league of their own, a thrusting handicap if you will.

And what will we do with T.O.P? his lunges are perfection but i'm not sure i've ever seen an attempted body roll or hip thrust, correct me if i'm wrong (PLEASE CORRECT ME AND BOMBARD ME WITH EVIDENCE).

Jessica Jane said...

It is indeed. I feel that there is so much fresh stuff at the moment that i've not had time to comb archives for a while! And the summer is only going to get hotter under the collar, and i mean this in every sense of the idiom.

Thrusting hanicaps? Oh Bunny, really. And poor old UKISS. He really has fallen from grace, hasn't he?
I do get what you mean though. I think Rain and Junho and Kwang would destroy Dongho with one single thrust. But it's a risk i guess i'm willing to take. Taemin is such a good dancer too that maybe he can hindle himself. Maybe.

As for TOP evidence how i wish i had it stacked up, but i dont. I will forever keep looking though. God knows what his full blown hip thrusts would be like, but i REALLY want to see. Maybe GD will help him practice; hold his hips whilst he teaches him to roll?

Bunny said...

Good lord jessica jane, since reading your comment earlier today not a minute has gone by where I haven't conjured up a picture perfect mental image of GD instructing the hiproll, stood behind, holding hips and resting his face against TOP's beautiful back...

YIIIIIKES!

Jessica Jane said...

I'm glad to be of a little fan-fictive service.

Bunny said...

I feel like "go all the way, don't stop it baby" is appropriate again here.

Jessica Jane said...

lol.