Friday 4 June 2010

New kids on the block

Something I always love to be notified of, a new boy band spouting from the k-pop scene. And take, if you may, a quick look at these barely legal (fingers crossed) beauties:


Presenting a fresh faced trio sporting obligitory slacks, in pastel of course, and high tops in one case. This is T.O.A - Top of Asia - bless their confidence. Could we be on a new winner here? I certrainly feel that Siwoo, Yim Joon Hyuk, and Shin Nan could show some promise, even if their mean age appears like it may be 15. And their perfectly adorable variable bowl cuts definately remind me of the early SHINee days a little.

With their debut single album named Because I Love You More however, I fear that we could be headed to Balladsville, but I am hoping that this is not the case... The MV was only finished three days ago, so sadly there is still a little wait, but maybe, just maybe it will be OK. Written and composed by V.O.S. member, Kim Kyung Rok - wait a minute ---- dare I say it, but who are V.O.S? Oh yes, you look them up on youtube, and you are propelled by way of their songs pretty much eunanimously to Balladsville, no looking back. This band haven't even made it into my google reader - and I guess now I know why.

The one thing that gives me hope is the comment My friend Siwoo is an excellent rapper, and his skills are amazing. If the quote had stopped here, it would have sounded prefect. Yes, rap, we all love some rap. However, we must realise that the guy who said this may have in fact cursed rather than gifted them. He followed this first comment with As my gift to wish them success on their debut, I wrote them this song. Oh, OK, maybe we shouldn't trust his sound rapping judgement then, this lovely guy from V.O.S.

Only time will tell if we do indeed reach Balladsville by way of T.O.A, or whether they escaped unharmed... I can assure you I will be laying in wait, to see whether I have to give them this reaction or not:

Photobucket

2 comments:

Bunny said...

The more I stare at that picture the more I begin to think those heads are photoshopped onto those bodies?

before we make any rash decisions we really need to see some D.O.Bs and some assurance that we are not hopping on the train to balladsville... but lets keep them on the back burner as it were.

Jessica Jane said...

Mmm, I see what you mean about the picture.

And about those D.O.B's, I have a feeling they are going to be pretty young..

To be honest, I'm not sure how much hope I hold out. But, like you say, let's wait and see.