Monday 25 July 2011

Enter the Tiger: Hot dad alert

Even though I have been an avid K-pop fan for well over whole two years now, it seems that there is just such a massive back catalogue studded with gems, and so much going on in the present, everyday all day, that I never really get the chance to catch up on much that happened before 2009. That means that there are huge black holes in my knowledge that I am only too aware of, and those people pop up in my google reader every now and again who I know are super important, but I just don't have enough time to indulge in researching them at that very moment, and then they get put on the back burner as something like this

Really Teen Top, after the first comeback teaser photo I didn't think it could get much better. Chincha! But then you thought L.Joe needed some heels? YA! Are you trying to kill this nuna here?

or this

Super Junior comebaaaack. Please, please let this image, and others like it, not just be for show. Please actually wear these stage clothes, at least in the MV.

or this


Bunny, I cannot stop listening to this on loop. Daily. All day. Everyday!! I wish this had been their Korean comeback single and they had made a MV and done live performances to boot.
All I wanna do is make you dance
I don’t need ya name, shake it for the cam
Let me see ya booty clap, clap
흔들어봐 body like that, that


happens.

Hovever, this week I did manage to make a little bit of time, though nowhere near enough, to spend starting to get to know Tiger JK oppa, dreamboat dad rap superstar husband that he is. Actually I feel like I first really took an interest when seeing this a few months back:

Hot dad babe alert.

But it wasn't urgent enough. This time it was a music video for the not-so-new but remixed song Doo Doo Doo Wap Ba Balu (두두두 합바바루) that did it. It's moving images, always, that's what seals the deal:


I have a small problem with the fact that it reminds me of OutKast, Hey Ya! or something a little calmer but a bit like that.
Even so, it is a nice summery song. And lovely, lovely yellow outfit scenes...


You may already know, but it's from the Drunken Tiger Feel gHood Muzik: The 8th Wonder (2009) album, and it features some of Korea's New Top Models making a cameo appearance. In his 16-year career Tiger JK has co-founded Drunken Tiger, an American Korean hip hop group (he has lived in the U.S. for a number of years), with DJ Shine in 1999 and now also has a record label, Jungle Entertainment, which includes his wife Tasha Reid on the roster. The has been a lot of award winning. See here for more.

When I first properly 'meet' a new-to-me k-pop star/participant in the k-pop realm, the first thing I always do is a google image search, just to get an idea of what I'm dealing with.


This is what we are dealing with:

1. Swoonworthy babe

2. HOT DAD

3. Fun time party oppa

4. Dreamy husband

5. Preppy jokester that still knows what's down with the kids.

I think he may be everything one needs in an oppa. The whole package.

And I also think I may have a new video to loop. Angry Tiger oppa monster, yes!


Angry oppa, who is wrapped in chains. Reminded me of this, just briefly.

And I would really recommend Do you know hip hop? and Great Rebirth and Good Life, just for starters, if you are not already a Drunken Tiger devotee.



Wish I could party with Tiger JK oppa.

No comments: