Sunday 3 July 2011

I don't understand

What is going on?
Have Star Empire Entertainment even got a game plan for Z:EA? Or do they just wing it?

In the last week we have had...

This:
Comeback group photo that looks like Boyzone circa 1996.

And then the solo shots, which were hardly better.
Thank goodness for Siwan is all I say. Heechul doesn't even bear thinking about right now :(

So the next thing they released was this???


Leaving us to wonder if they will even make it to their next comeback live stage. Honestly, Bunny and I have discussed this and she pointed out the very valid fact that had it been any other company surely this would have been kept well under wraps. I mean, yikes Star Empire, what made you release this?! Are you that desperate for publicity that you will even publicly circulate the near death accident of one of your boys?! Talk about exploitation. I bet Hyungshik was so mortified - shown sliding off the top deck of a boat and semi-drowning - more embarrassed than when Taeyang was made to solo comeback singing about needing a girl!

And then this teaser today:


SO MUCH better than the photo shoot - pretty much the opposite. A prefect 10 out of 10 fringe for Minwoo - ship cheom man choem ship choem! And an amazing sounding banger of a song. The video even reminds me of Mazletov! Excitied. But angry that they basically worried me necessarily all the same.

But, wait, now this song has been released? With no video? Even though it is the theme tune to Ronin Pop. You know, Ronin Pop, that action film that Z:EA are starring in? Still don't know what I'm talking about? Here is a teaser:



This is the general teaser, but I think they have one each? (See Dongjun's and Siwan's - he looks like he's in some type of Julia Caesar chariot!) So confusing. It seems that the film is a Japanese X Korean collaboration project, and apparently it revolves around the power struggle between youths in the aftermath of a nuclear war. The movie features impressive CG and battle scenes, and the boys were recently reported to have shot the movie’s climax at a theme park in Kyungki-do. To be honest, I'm still not too clear on the whole matter, and the website is chiefly in Japanese, and mentions 'road shows' and who knows what else. I believe it was released in March, or it was meant to be. You can watch the making of online here in the meantime.

As for the theme song, it's all in English, which is odd, but I guess as it's an international collaboration that is not uncommon. And the boys do pretty well I would say, and it's like nothing else I have ever heard them sing... But I just don't understand why it's being released now, when we are avidly awaiting a different song that we have a comeback teaser for? I feel like they are going in about three disparate directions. Call me simple or short sighted, but I feel like I could show Star Empire a thing of two about organization, and styling for that matter... Oh well, I guess I wish you good luck boys. Even if your company are rubbish and publicly embarrass you and treat your schedule like a free for all, I will always be here to greet you on your comebacks and give you a hwaiting!

2 comments:

Bunny said...

Look at you on your blogging roll!!

another great post, Star Empire should be ashamed, I have no idea whats going on.

All i know is Ronin Pop was basically the perfect project for them, complete insanity, difficult to follow, equal measure of terrible and amazing, and don't know whether to laugh, cheer or cry. sums up Z:EA.

I want to appoint you as the new director of Star Empire, you'd be in charge of executive decision making, marketing and promotions. The only problem is, Star Empire can't afford a salary for you (pretty sure they can't afford a jar of coffee for the tea room either). Perhaps an arrangement can be come to with some of the boys provide a service. I think Siwan, Minwoo, Sports Science (Heechul's on probation) all have a lot of skills you could put to use.

I feel like the day we finally get to watch Ronin Pop I am going to crack a rib from LOLing so hard. I hope that day comes SOON.

Jessica Jane said...

One I start I can't stop. I wanted to do another tonight, but I am setting myself an 11pm bedtime. Enough is enough. But I have so many Boyfriend screen caps piling up..!

If I am the new director of Star Empire, I demand to have you as head stylist and welfare carer. Salary, pah! As you have clearly pointed out, I would never be in K-pop for the money. Labour of love, always.

Let's find Ronin Pop soon. Let's make this happen! I want you by my side when it finally comes the time to watch it.