Monday 19 April 2010

Can we say it's 2PM again yet?

I should bloody say so. Finally, the single has arrived, yes, yes, yes. Ah, the relief. I have been so apprehensive after the numerous mishaps of late, but it has come through, unharmed in all the most important parts.

But wait, some people still aren't happy, are still complaining? Am I serious? Sadly, yes I am. Obviously some do not know how to be happy, even with a sodden Junho, Chansung and Taec, accompanied by piano and synth, right before their very eyes and ears. Because, shortly after I viewed this new masterpiece for the first time, the anti-fan comments were found clogging up my google reader. If you haven't seen why this would be so, apparently you haven't heard the lyrics properly...now really.

“Fine, it’s better that we break up. This was bound to have happened anyway, you were going to do this anyway. This is better. Without you, I’ll be cooler, I’ll stand up again, I’ll live on again. Were the things we had together just worthless enough to throw away? Don’t you even regret it? Don’t you care? Are you okay without me?”

Of course!? These are statements referring to Jaebeom!! Or not as the case my be. Not satisfied that this song is probably just a story of a terror relationship and a getting back on track, some crazed fans have managed to convince themselves that
“they purposely wrote up the lyrics like that in order to create noise marketing,” and “this is too forceful, don’t force it.” Don't get me mixed up, I love Jaebeom and think he is as much of a talented dreamboat as the rest of them (or even more so on occasion), but really, get over it. Geeze. Can we not just play nicely, and enjoy this wonderful song and even more wonderful video. I certainly have more "important" things coming to mind as I am mid viewing.

To make things even more comical, why not get angry too at Jaebeom himself (the one these 'fans' supposedly adore infinitely) when he posts a bulletin on his Youtube that reads,
“Khun's rap part is fire. 2pm “without you” go check it out ! =)”.
When I read this, I think what a nice young man. But what do some others think: “Ugh, please don’t mention 2**…don’t do that please, love&respect,”; “Jaebeomah! Don’t even think about 6PM anymore…Please don’t think about them anymore and think about your pride…”; “Go check it out? stop Jay!!!!! You really love us? If so, do not promote 2PM!!!!! I’m sorry, I hate them!!!!” .
Yiiiiikes. You're all jokers. If this wasn't so utterly comical, there is no chance that it would be figuring in my thoughts.

Remind me again of what this is about. 2PM baby!

Some serious Chansung. I like to imagine that behind his arm his teeth are fully clenched it some type of true beastly manor.


Dearest non-tangoed Junho, this is how you should always be...beautifully pensive and dark haired. You hear me, no lightening! Watching you throw down in the video whilst being rained on and wearing a little silver headband made me infinitely happy.

Oh, Junsu. With this image you may just have moved up within my 2PM hierarchy. Your hair almost resembles one of my favourite GD styles of the last 6 months, the undercut bowl, and I really am pleasantly surprised.

Khun, I'm pretty sure the blonding is evident in this shot, even if you are shadow lurking as you are probably a little bit embarrassed. I must say that your face is just about keeping your head above water (you eyebrows are looking less ridiculous than usual), but you are on thin ice already, even more so because of the blond, so you best get back to dark sharpish. I can't have one letting the whole band down - and I'm sure that Junho is already on his return trip to the salon.

Wowzers. This is just perfection. Statuesque Taec complete with tears. The emotional beast. It's like he knows how much I love Beauty and the Beast, and he is becoming a current Korean manifestation. I can hardly thank him enough. And I even think that the fringe is down...

Last, but not least, Wooyoung, my how you have blossomed. I know everyone said that they were going for this beastlier than ever image, but I think you may be that only one that has really achieved it. I bet you must have worked hard! No more shy you in the next Calvin Klein S Body I should hope - now you can confidently have it all hanging out.

Dramatic drum track, enter piano and then synth. Chansung singing some English. And I really like the use of the OK hand gesture to fit with "I'll be OK." I look forward to seeing this on the live stage. There may also be some more Junho than in previous songs, for this I am grateful and excited. All this is not even at the expense of Taec's terror stricken face, which is very much still in existence. For the last minute, tempo and key changes too, whilst retaining a shirt ripping scene! You really have excelled yourselves.

6 comments:

Bunny said...

O M G Jessica Jane.
Jessica Jane = JJ which is double J or should I say JAY, and double is "two" so that's 2 as in 2PM right and PM also means Prime Minister who in this country is Gordon Brown and BROWN is the colour of Jaebom's favourite chocolate bar...i'm sure of it ... and also Vincent Gallo directed the 2003 film the BROWN BUNNY, and .... my names Bunny! and if we add together the numbers in 2003 we get the number 5 which if we add to 2(PM) gives us 7, like the original number of members of 2PM... but also is the name of popular kpop artist Se7en... so I think the real message here is...

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!

Are these people serious??? can it believably be so cryptic?! or is it literal? Was Jay's pet name "Baby" were they really upset by him "dating other guys"? Is this song possibly about him??

The fanfiction part of my brain is overheating as I type.

NONSENSE.

Back to the important things, Junho's headband! so precious! I'm also loving the I'm OK dance and the opening rap with Taec's i'm OK, gets a dual meaning because, y'know he is OK Taecyeon, which means he gets added to my happy happy list of self referencing rap lyrics ("my name is Minho" and well GD and TOP in basically every Big Bang song...)

Cannot wait for the comeback stage, i'm keeping my fingers crossed for soaked through sopping wet performance with actual water feature.

All nonsense aside, how can you not love these boys??

Jessica Jane said...

This confused me so much that I had to keep re-reading it, until I got far enough down to realise the point of the exercise. You crazy cat you. Really though, it did serve well to prove the point of how ridiculous the whole thing is.
I was worried for a second about turning out blog into a serious debaing platform. But then I realised there are only about three people who really read this, two of those being you and I. And it was just to funny to ignore.

I hope they did used to call Jay "Baby" though, rather than Hyung.

Self referencing rap is also something I love very much, and am always listening out for. Peas in a pod. But the self reference to UKISS as a band at the start of Meolichianha (as I read the hangeul - track two on New Generation): "We're the new kids on this block, you heard? Stop treating us like kids....We all grown up, yeahh" is just too creepy for my liking. How do you feel about this intro I wonder?

Bunny said...

god damn it! I just wrote a lengthy (as ever) U-kiss quoting reply and stupid internet disappeared and lost it all as I clicked publish :(

gah, i hate to retype so heres the jist of it.

sorry for confusing you, i'm glad you understood my point in the end, i knew you would!

that kind of creepy is exactly why i like u-kiss, or rather i love the album "only one" (which has the remix of that song) dance beats and awkward english lyrics, i'm obsessed with it.

I guess you probably skip the track after the into because it gets worse in the rap later one "'cause i'm a GROWN MAN (*something in korean here*) , looking for RO MANce" and even "I'm a BIG BOY"

my comment was better the first time round and had some further mention of Eli.

Jessica Jane said...

Internet fail message loss is the worst. I'm sorry for your loss.

I'll try to work with the creepy UKISS. But with this, and the ski jump lift and Pops in Seoul, I have so many wrong images going around, circulating thoughout my head, all concerning them. Hmmm. I will muse on this some more.
I put the song straight back on too, to listen to the GROWN MAN/ROMANce. Crikey. It really is creepy. I think one of my main problems is that they constantly remind me of how younf they are with their comments.
Dongho does have my heart though, and Raising the Idol is making this ever more steadfast.

Bunny said...

Now I have mourned the loss I can re type some of my previous comment which hopefully should help explain a few things. I'm worried I gave you the wrong idea in my appreciation of U-kiss. They are a *special* group, they are not beastly idols, they are not exceptionally cute or pretty, or fantastic dancers, what they are great at is basically the album (only one) which I became obsessed with and listen to constantly for dance beats, club bangers and slightly creepy awkward raps. Thats what I like them for.

I do not love UKISS, that would be creepy. I just love their album. And luckily for me, none of them have hooked me enough to worry about their age. (i'm still ignoring Eli)

Stick with your Dongho love though, its only a number babe!!

Jessica Jane said...

Kayleigh said exactly the same line about age only being a number, I swear. Scary. You're meant to discourage me, not let me trapse further into this barely legal territory!

I like what you said about the UKISS love. It makes sense. The album grows on me day by day. It's one of my new favourites whilst I do my pre-sleep exercises. Get's me pumped.

My love for Dongho is not quite unconditional, just so you know. He can still fall from grace at any moment. I'm liking his hear back to black in the Malaysian fan video (one of the only things I like about the darned thing), but I have my eyes peeled for upcoming changes..