Sunday 25 April 2010

Q : Which part of your appearance do you have the most self-confidence in?

As asked to Big Bang, and here are their impeccable responses:


Seungri : Tiger tooth!
What the hell is a tiger tooth, I'd love to be enlightened...

Taeyang : Side view of my face.
I may agree here. And I was pleased not to hear it was the eye smile for once.

G-Dragon : Taeyang’s should be the blood veins on his hand.
Really?

Taeyang : This as well (shows everyone his hand) Because of training, it has become obvious.
Does training send more blood to your veins even when not in the physical act of training? Somehow I don't really get veins as being something to have aesthetic confidence in. But if they're into them, the veins in my pale wrists show up pretty prominently.

Daesung : My little finger. There is a legend in Korea that says if you paint your little finger in red during summer and are able to maintain it until the first snow, then your first love will come true. Therefore you see, it’s still here.
This is something I definitely want to know more about; thank you Daesung, ever the cultural reference point of the band. I'm not sure if the "still here" refers to a red finger he has or hypothetical paint. I hope for the former rather than the latter.

T.O.P : My eyebrows.
Good answer T.O.P. One of your most expressive features, and definitely up there on my list, aside your eyes and ears and mouth and waggling finger.


G-Dragon : It’s long and thick.
T.O.P's eyebrows? Or it this his favourite thing about him, and he's just not referring to it by anatomical name. I'm confused, maybe in a good way.

T.O.P : Previously between the eyebrows and forehead there was a lot of hairs too. So all were being combed back.
Combed back? The head hair together with his eyebrow hair? Or does he mean they were pruned back? Does this explain his multitude of lusciously long fringes? Talk to me T.O.P.

Taeyang : T.O.P always jokes with a serious face, making others unable to tell which is real.
I'm glad Taeyang is also unsure here.

T.O.P : Is it (laughs)? But I do not lie.
And this is just one more reason why I love you.



p.s. In this interview BB members said that T.O.P is the most fashionable, over GD, which is a rarity. I think I may agree.


Photobucket
These eyes don't lie.

4 comments:

Bunny said...

This is a glorious nugget of joy to pep up my after hours working, 1am here, still trying to get things done...

anyway, I truly wish every sentence of every interview I read was annotated with your opinion directly below it. It would be a perfect world.

"long and thick" LOL!

Jessica Jane said...

Thank you, you are too kind. I wish I could read and annotate very K-pop interview, if only there was a true demand for it. I don't reckon they are all as great as big bangs though.

I got so excited when I first read it. I thought maybe I could show you something you hadn't already seen - but then it turned up in my google reader anyways. I guess I should feel grateful that I'm not missing anything as a result of this wonderful device, but everything feels so covered most of the time :( I will try to research harder and more obsurely in future!

When you say that it's after 1 and you are "trying to get things done", are you like me and mean that this is to get your google reader up to date, or is this real work?? Either way, I hope you got it all completed.

Bunny said...

You did show me something I hadn't seen! I didnt spot it in my reader until much later. and besides Its your annotations I want, more than the facts themselves!

Trying to get things done was "real work" i'm afraid but I was only up doing work til then because I took a break to watch Super Junior videos at about midnight and spiralled out of control...

Jessica Jane said...

Thanks. But I will still aspire to searching harder and further afield for future tit bits. Thank you for your continued appreciation of my constant comments.

Well done for getting down to some real work. I've been studying all afternoon, but enough is enough. I'm at school and even so I have to come back for more. I feel like a terror opening this page at school. As I scroll down past the images of a semi-clad Chansung I definately feel a little inappropriate..not that this prevents me from doing so.