Friday 9 April 2010

Taec me on

I'm sorry to tell you Bunny, but I just read about how part of Taecyeon's past prowess was revealed on KBS Happy together (third season). After releasing the name of one lucky girl, Amy, he shot himself in the foot(by saying that this girlfriend was not white, but another was) and inadvertently admitted to another girl he saw whilst living in the U.S. And here is where it becomes exciting---apparently, after a little hesitation, the name that then passed his lips was "Jessi... Jessi... Jessica"!!

Photobucket
("Is your mom a robot"?! These would not have been my words of choice..)

On the plus side, you can see this bright past of Taec's as a little pay back for Mir's committed love and sincere devotion of someone I believe looks very much like you. See MBLAQ Idol Army episode 11, as is part accessible below.


(What I refer to is evidenced from around 4:25 onwards, and the general theme also continues throughout the episode too.)

On the subject of this episode, and specifically on the supplied clip, let's reflect a little.

Note the brilliance of the MBLAQ collective. The entirely obvious sunflower slaps from Mir as the embarrassing revelation scene starts out, followed by the wagging of a silencing finger, foetal position and balloon masking. When it starts to look up for him for the first time since the Mr. J clue, as Jooyeon reveals she'd most like to be with someone who likes her, the delighted and rather vigorous pawing of the balloons by Mir is none other than the act of a playful kitten. This is another one of those times when I am gently reminded of the age gaps (that refuse to close up) between me and some of my dearest. The screams and general shrieks he emanates can also be an occasional giveaway. These things are probably why he is oh so endearing though, so I will hardly make them out to be negatives.

As for the rest of the members, we have the morally upstanding G.O. (who would have thought it) giving his donseng a chance in love, truly earning his hyung title. On the flipside we have Joon's "Then what am I?" and charmingly pathetic attempt at a defence of being a terrible hyung. Also, when he mishears who her ideal Mr. J really was and believes it is G.O. that she likes, he bears his lower teeth. Really, Joon. Finally, his repetition of then wanting her to confirm that in actuality he is her ideal type once he has gone figured, while Mir sits angelically cross legged on the floor - what a little tyke!

To follow, Seungho is the protagonist for part two of Mir's love thwarting saga. The one handed swipe of the confirmation teddy, by the boy with the broken rib of all people!! And as if his actions are not enough, his face to match is that of an absolute terror. Mir's only capable reaction is to bark "AHHHK!"
Nevertheless, just as you want to start hating Seungho a little, or a lot, it all comes out - Mir, who just wanted to be a real grown-up man, instructed him to do it properly. Phew. And then there's the re-match, such kind Nuna MC's, and the rightful pairing. What an emotional roller coaster, though I guess all the best K-pop tit bits are. All is well that ends well. The lack of Cheondung in this section is made up for by his doll transformation at the end, I feel, and by his general bad ass attempt throughout the whole episode.

4 comments:

Bunny said...

Oh JESSICA! REALLY!!!! How could you! This is like the time me and my mutual Vincent Gallo obsessed friend, Laura, went to see Vincent play and i'd always been jealous that he has a song called "Laura" and she could listen to his whispering voice cooing at her personally, and when he played it live and I was sat next to her it was hard to restrain myself from clenching my fists and stamping my feet then and there. (of course in recent years his song Honey Bunny has become even more wonderous to me...)

anyway, Taecyeon! Ok you're forgiven already, but mainly because we've already discussed I don't think beastly Taec can be held down by any one woman (not physically or metaphorically) and so my jealous rage is somewhat lightened. Of course the idea of me (through very flattering look-a-like status) winning Mir's heart is helping too.

I have yet to watch the clip or episode 11, i'm saving it for tomorrow when I will be back here for a reread and comparative mental notes, although I've read your notes already and knowing the MBLAQ boys so well I can almost picture the entire episode unfolding. I never mind spoilers when it comes to these idol reality shows, it just heightens the urge to watch even more.

After finishing episode 10 tonight I have concluded it was a bit of non episode. Maybe its because a 2Dimensional cutout of Seungho just won't suffice. NOT AT ALL.

Also Mir's shrieking outbursts, they really become apparent in 9/10, were they there all along?? or did he just have too much sugar that day?! It really does serve as a reminder of the age gap, I think of him extremely fondly as an excitable puppy, but am very very slightly loosing further attraction, I don't want to say this before he declares "me" his ideal type, but I thought I should mention it. Maybe its just Seungho again, he makes it hard to look elsewhere.

Jessica Jane said...

I too had never noted Mir's outbursts prior to the last few episodes. I'll have to go back and compare his noise making strategies. Surely they are a recent development - I would have noticed it.

Once you have finished this MBLAQ Idol Army episode, we must swap notes.

"I'm just so excited."

Bunny said...

I have watched it all now. oh Mir the poor little tyke is tormented so! still though, these shouting outburst really, we need to research, but I too would surely have noticed by now if they were here all along??

Thunder really bothered me again in this one, I think its that hairstyle, although I had read somewhere that he and IU are rumored to be dating in reality which made their interaction far more interesting to watch! (I love a good scandal..)

I fell for the Nuna's trickery who shunned GO's devotion and let Joon step forward only the throw the bear with a long shot to moustache afterall, i'm sure my heart leapt with his. And Joon seemed happy to win with Juri in the end so all was good.

Seungho, Seungho, as if I could ever hate him, after his terrifying cross dressing attempt, yet another slow ballad performance (can this all by excused by the rib injury?), the ultimate hyung betrayal swiping the bear with one arm and the the brash unashamed step forward to confirm that he indeed is interested in an older Nuna with money.... I was still enamoured with this dreamy dark cloud. He may have no morals, but he has my heart. I've got the Nuna part down, just working on the money side of things, hopefully he'll wait.

Jessica Jane said...

I forgot to mention afore, that of course I totally agreed with the Seungho cut out being hardly acceptable. It almost goes without saying.

These noises! They will not remain a mystery for long. I will make time to return to the scene and check. We would never discount such an important thing so willy nilly.

I never knew about this I.U and Thunder (possible) reality. Oh intriguing. I will have my eyes and ears open from now on.

The G.O. - Joon trickery was indeed an act of wit. I was impressed at her cunning and believe that I may re-enact such a trick when it is my turn (alongside you of course). The problem therein lies, who to let hang back..?

As for the "terrifying" cross-dressing by our cherished Seungho, really, terrifying? I must say that I found it entirely endearing, and would still be perfectly happy to go there, no if's or but's. The sneakers and skirt even gave it the extra geek-chic edge that I love so.
Maybe it is the dark cloud spell that pushes me to this way of thinking. Either way, I am happy here.
As for the money, you didn't think the scholarship was for nothing, did you?