Saturday 24 April 2010

JinSWOON and the Maritime Marvellers

So soon after Chansung's (2PM) exceptionally sporting spread in Men's Health, we have a 2AM one to rival. Setting the bar for what I and Bunny hope will be coming our way for the spring/summer style foreseeable future, we have a fine example of how to do 'nautical', and how to do it VERY well. Even after taking a couple of days to stew over this and take it all in, I still have so much to say on the matter, and can keep it held in no longer. Behold, 2AM:

Wow. Jo Kwon and JinSWOON. Side by side. Holding binoculars. It's pretty much how I have always wanted to see them, without even knowing it myself. They look every bit the young research assistant, and this one look could probably satisfy me for life. All we need now if for them to be collecting insect specimens, or bird watching, and I really will be inconsolable.


And Changmin, my how you have a lovely face when you manage not to tense it. Maybe it's the pipe helping those giant face muscles of yours to relax, or maybe it is the wonderful captains hat. Whatever it is you should do it more often, please. Jo Kwon's neckscarf and slippers are also a force to be reckoned with. Once more the O.A.P chic look winds out happily (see Chansung's socks and boxers look for further support for this angle).


Finally some Seulong. Sadly he may be losing the stakes to JinSWOON here though. His face is not convincing me that he is enjoying this as much as I wish he would be. And he looks a little too much like the Seulong I already know and love. JinSWOON, on the other hand, has rolled his trousers up more than I am used to seeing, and this makes me incredibly contented. I hope he will do this all summer long.


Unfortunately this isn't so naval in appearance as the others, but I guess the flippers bring us back to focus? The alfalfa/duck arse hair he's sporting at the rear is enough to break a smile though even if the suit is a little too like his well formed regular self.


I feel as though poor old Seulong may have pulled the short straw for this shoot. He is an image less than the others, as far as I can see, and he has been put in a pair of red shoes? This hardly seems fair. Nor do his legs seemall to happy to be seeing the light of day quite yet. Comparatively, the teddy boy blazer, loosened tie and slightly popped looking collar are doing him the world of good. Maybe this shoot should have stuck to rolled trousers? In not sure it's quite yet time for the shorts to be busted out. There's something inside of me that says it may be SHINee's Onew who tells us when it is time...


Again, Changmin, good work! Look how relaxed and lovely your face is. Could it be the glasses this time?? The surfboard I'm not so sure about. Maybe you and Jo Kwon can keep these props to yourself. But your bow tie wearing you must never keep to yourself.


Finally, the absolute pinnacle. JinSWOON in 1940's(?) leather skates with diamond golfing socks, rolled slacks, bow tie and backpack? I have no words, none, that can really describe even partially the absolute thrill and pleasure this one photo alone brings me. I don't think I could even have concocted this in my dreams. One day it's East London hXc kid and the next it's 1940's boy next door Adonis. Heaven knows what this shall be followed by.


I'd say that the only person who really understands all the emotions I experience when I view these images, and JinSWOON's in particular, is Flaming Charisma, Minho.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Bunny said...

Your run down of the shoot is PERFECT.

I now have a vision that it would possible to date Changmnin but only if you kept him heavily dosed with muscle relaxant (for the face, y'know) but it might interfere with the whole dating process if he's lolling about in a vegetative state and unable to stand so really we're back to square one. I bet he looks pretty when he's sleeping though.. preferably in the outfit he's sporting atop the surfboard, but he would be nestled in a impressive antique green velvet chair in some kind old fashioned library / study place with an open book in his lap and his bowtie a little crooked and spectacles starting to slip down his sleeping face.

Seulong really does seem a little stiff in this, not as adventureous as we'd like to see I agree. I must say i'm quite partial to the awkward fishing red shoe shot, because he just looks 'So long" in it (bad pun sorry) like he's having to tilt his head down to even fit into frame, and i find this attractive and I am happy with the first sighting of leg hair, but perhaps you're right and the rolled up cuff would have been classier...

You really saved the best til last. I can't even rise to the challenge and describe the thrill! something about the look in his eye, he KNOWS how perfect this is!! also I can imagine him kissing your hand goodbye and skating off with a twirl to make it in time to latin class...


Why does every comment I make digress to some kind of mild, scene based, fan fiction?

Bunny said...

PS. forgot to say, your post title!! amazing!

please let this be the name of our future lo-fi k-pop covers band. alternatively the name of the fictional band in the animated adventures of 2AM.

Jessica Jane said...

Totally. I think we may give the poor boy a bit of a tough ride. But stood next to Jinwoon, what else can we do? I feel like my mental hands are tied.
I like your spectacle slipping sleeping seated vision. I think it could work. I swear that I have seen images of him sleeping (is that creepy), but I can't really remember what I made of them..

I too am a big fan of Seulong's height, and his awkward stoop is rather endearing I agree. I think I was just too stunned by JinSWOON to think much else. Also, I still treasure the image of him mounted on a bike in my 2AM album. Boys and bikes, in school uniforms. There's something about it.

The latin class comment pretty much made me lose my shit as I read it and decided that it was definately true, that this of course was what he was doing at the time, and they merely interscepted him mid route. What a dream. I can barely hold the coy grin from my face.

I really to thank my lucky stars for having such consistent access to your supplementary visions. They make me so excitable! Never apologise for them or speak ill of them, and definately don't stop sharing them with me.

This can be the name of our band, for sure. I'm glad you liked it. Took me a while to find something I was happy with, and that didn't underestimate the wonder of these glossies.