Monday 12 April 2010

How did this get mislaid? Junho, Taec, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry (and yes I'm rubbing my hands, left to right)

My oh my has it been too long since my repetitive viewing of this bonus material gem apparently concluded itself, unnoticed(!) Thank god it sprang to mind in a moment of K-pop submersion and b-lined it's way straight back into my daily routine.

When they film a CF advert or do a photo shoot in the K-pop world not only do you get to enjoy the final masterpiece, no, no, you get the behind the scenes stills and often whole mini films too. Here is one of my most treasured examples of such generosity - the Taec/Junho (2PM) section from the Coke CF behind the scenes talent display. Lets take a look at what exactly we are dealing with here.

First up, Taec's dancing. I guess this special talent is something we see a lot of in 2PM, but what we don't see so much is the dancing we are bestowed in this 45second clip. Presenting, the inflatable doll-soon-to-morph-to pumping 90s robot dance?! I don't know really if there is any way to express it effectively with the English language. Even a split screen still does it no justice:

At least you can see the rapid motion I guess - doll to the left, robotic arms on the right.

My primary reason for loving this clip, possibly too much, is really down to Junho though to be honest. Truly meaning what I said before, here, Junho, you will ALWAYS have the screen time you so deserve.

Yes, Junho's special talent on display today is the skill of handstand from seated. But before we gawp at this more closely, please note his get-up. What is this you see, would it be a polo shirt buttoned to the top? Complemented by a tie? And a handkerchief in pocket? Oh, AND colour co-ordinated braces? Surely not some high tops too? So right on so many levels.

What is also so right is the truly endearing position of cross leggedness from which he explains the soon-to-be performed stunt from. Why is it, I wonder, that merely sitting cross legged can make someone ten times more adorable than they would be otherwise - and I mean this in terms of both genders.
So, anyway, cross leggedness combined with full explanatory forecast and wonderfully expressive hand gestures (specially for those of us who are not yet fluent in Korean, I like to think); fully splayed fingers and animated points, thank you Junho:

Indicating to the heavens whence he surely came from, and to where he will soon raise his whole body to from seated, with the use of arm strength alone.

I'd safely say the moment of proof, the hop down and the final bow (with trousers still bunched around the thigh) can be rightfully referred to as the cherry on top. Well done, Junho. You did good.


"My eyes dont look away,
This really makes no sense,
This is flashier than a flashy animated cartoon."

2 comments:

Bunny said...

I love you for reminding me of this.

I will not rest until these talents are performed exclusively for us, right before our very eyes, possibly in some kind of double date "charm appeal" scenario.

I'll admit Junho's outfit puts Taec's red slacks to shame.

Jessica Jane said...

See what you can do Bunny.. Once we breakthrough and all, these doors will be wide open.